Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dylan, I am going to give you some tough love now:

I highly recommend you do NOT up your dose of K-Pins. Your doctor's advice sickens me! As if getting off Benzos is so easy. My friend, those drugs are very serious and it can take you a year to get off them. If you take them long enough, it can cause permanent effects. Screw anxiety! Anxiety won't kill you. Don't get addicted to Benzos over it. You don't just cut the dose for a few weeks and boom your off them. If you take them for 2 months, ok. But long term on Klonopins will take you a long time to get off them and the withdrawal can be horrible! Doctors always underestimate this, and I am sick and tired of them throwing out these drugs like it's candy! Not to mention the withdrawal from your SSRIs. Oh did the doctor say they are not addictive? Go google search people withdrawing from Zoloft. The doctors are lied to by the drug companies. They call it "Withdrawal Syndrome". But Benzos are straight addicting!

It's ok to be on meds in the short term. I was and now I am not. But upping Klonopins, a highly addictive substance, after you have already been on them, if I remember correctly, for over a year, I will not and can not support. Think about what it does? It stimulates GABA receptors so you feel better. It doesn't help your heart, your lungs, your liver or anything. It is not a vitamin or mineral. It doesn't prolong your life or heal you. Do you really need this drug? Well, now you need it so you don't go into withdrawal, but I would be more for starting you on a slow steady taper instead of upping it. ANXIETY will not kill you! Your pituitary issue, that needs to be addressed and you will take care of it.

I would like you to join the people at http://www.benzobuddies.org/ and discuss this with them of starting a slow taper. The more Klonopins you take, the higher the dose, the more withdrawal and rebound anxiety you will get, prolonging you getting back to normal. I was on 2 mg doses. What are you on?

Thanks! Everything helps

weekend crazy

you couldn't be more right.......Saying F*ck it couldn't be more right on the money. Everyday I wake up in a panic. So I get out of bed and get ready for the day. I make a point of leaving my house at least once a day even of it's just to go get a diet coke minus the caffiene. I have been on klonopin for 20 years but in that time have only had the dose raised once. I am now trying cymbalta. I have been dealing with this crap off and on for 30 years. When it flairs up I go back into therapy because I have usually have issues i haven't resolved. Once I work through those things get better. I can go for 7 years and be fairly normal and then it will start to build again.
    I had to let you know that I really like your view on the whole thing and I'm going to start drinking the tea ASAP. Thanks soooo much
    didir

Also, DO NOT drink diet soda because Aspartame (Nutrasweet) is horrible for you! You should only be drinking herbal tea or water, or some type of vegetable juice!

Thank you for this post...a lot of great information there.

Really really great read.

I suffer from driving/car travel anxiety, so some of this wasnt direct to me. Can anyone suggest any other useful websites too, as well as this.

Great post.

In addition I'm a big fan of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (Albert Ellis).

You may be 'awful-izing' i.e. being very frightened of some things, without really thinking them through and facing their reality?
    e.g.
    "It will be awful if grandma dies." People do die. So say to yourself "It would be nice if my grandma lived forever, but not end of the world if she dies."
    "It will be awful if the people here don't like me'. Instead say "It would be nice if the people here like me, but not the end of the world if they don't.'

You may be doing some exaggerated thinking?
    e.g.
    "My daughter is very likely to be taken away by someone in the next hour - it happens to everyone, all the time!"
    "I am a very un-safe mother, and I take no care at all over my daughter!"
    See that your thoughts are unrealistic and exaggerated, and replace them with more reasonable ones.

You may be holding on to false beliefs about yourself or the world that are stopping you recognise, face and think through your real sources of anxiety?
    E.g.
    'It is only what is inside me that matters for my attractiveness to men'. Instead say "It is both what is inside, and my outside appearance, that matters for my attractiveness to men. I can try to look nice, and maybe someone nice will be attracted to me."
    'I am self-reliant, self-actualised etc; it doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks of me'. Instead say 'The truth is I have an ape brain developed for living in complex tribes for 100,000's of years - if I was not accepted by the tribe I would be cast out, and if I was on my own I would die - so, like it or not, I am affected by what other people think of me, and if the tribe accepts me.'

You may be demanding too much of yourself?
    E.g.
    "I must look amazingly good!" Instead say to yourself "It would be nice if I was the most attractive-looking woman in the world, but it's not the end of the world if I am not."
    "I must save the world today", etc etc

You may be demanding too much of others, or of the world?
    "It would be nice if everyone was nice to me every moment of my life, but it's not the end of the world if not.'
    "It would have been nice to have had perfect perfect parents, but it's not the end of the world that I didn't."
    "It would be nice if the world was perfectly just to everyone, but it's not the end of the world that it is not."

Go for it - attack the faulty thinking!
    Last edited by John Campbell; 01-09-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Hi guys! I'm new here, but well acquainted with anxiety... I read through the post and found it very helpful! Thanks much PanicCured! I am also interested in the role supplements play in reducing anxiety symptomology. I am currently taking Celexa and find it very sedating and also causes weight gain (no fun!) so I am going to try and wean myself off and try supplements. After doing some research, I believe Passionflower, vitamin B1(thiamine), and B5 (Pantothenic Acid) might be helpful. I will also try the Chamomile suggestion!

Anyone else have any luck with any of these supplements or any others?

Great Thread - Thank You for your advice!

I have not completely conquered my anxiety - but i have seen big improvements over the past years. I really do believe that this is something we can overcome, but its a matter of how hard we try or how badly we want it. Are we consistent with our efforts?

Consistency is huge. If we put the effort in one day, but don't try again for another week or 2 then the improvements will be very slow.

With anxiety, it is definitely much easier said than done - but keep pushing on. ANXIETY WILL NOT HARM US! we must remember that. It is not permanent, and it will pass.

Anyway, i used to drink chamomille tea but was concerned that there was caffeine in it...........can anyone confirm this?

I take a B vitamin from GNC called "Stress B with C" - and i take it usually when i feel anxious. It actually works to calm me down.

Does anyone know which B vitamin is actually the best for anxiety? B1, B2, B12 etc.?

A banana also works wonders for me when im anxious.....i guess due to its B vitamin components.

wow great information! thank you so much for taking the time to post all this for us