Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Is there anyone else out there like me?

Hi i was recently diagnosed with GA, and SAD. I have had it all my life but i never really knew what it was i just thought it was me being me (normal) but then the doctors tell me this is not normal and i have anxiety. I hate the way it feels i can't have a normal life i just want it gone. My whole life i have felt that everyone is watching me and judging me on the things i do and say, how i talk, how i walk, how i dress, and the things i do. I never want to go anywhere it is really hard for me to go to the grocery store and when i do i feel like the door is miles away and it keeps getting furthar and furthar, i cant breath that well my heart is racing, my chest is heavy i am very light headed and i just want to hurry up get my groceries and leave. I dont want to be seen or heared and therefore i do not want my husband to speak or do anything at all basically to attract any attention to us and he often gets mad when i tell him to be quite or quit what he is doing.

Sometimes i am so bad i do not want to leave the house at all i cant even walk my dog(for the longest time she would use the bathroom on puppy pads or cardboard i would lay on the floor, she is just now going outside) or check the mail. If my husband opens the blinds too much, or opens the front door too far and for too long i freak out and tell him to close them bc i dont want anyone outside to see me or inside the house. I do not drive i do not work i cannot be around people at all.

so my husband is in the army and he had to deploy so i had to go move back home so i would have ttransportation. While he was gone i got depressed and my anxiety got worse i got addicted to shopping online and marijuana. The marijuana really helped with my anxiety it was almost completely gone and i could actually drive a little bit and i was so confident with myself. Well now my hubby is back from deployment and we moved back to the base we got stationed at so now i have no access to it nor do i want to risk my hubby getting in trouble if i ever got caught with it so the anxitey is back and worse than ever. I know what medication i need and i know what works i need clonazapam it has the same effect on me as marijuana and it works perfect but my doctor will not prescribe it to me bc it is "addictive", so i am just stick here with the anxiety until i mmove back home where i can get some marijuana. Has anyone else tried marijuana for this it really works.

Does anyone else have the same problems as me?

I also forgot to say that i cant talk to people on the phone either but its not as bad as it used to be also everytime i go somewhere and i hear people laughing or talking i think they are laighing at me and talking about me
    Last edited by lynnelynne2011; 08-29-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: forgot to add it

someone please reply

Yes there are many, I personally have horrible physical symptoms simply because of anxiety and I'm a 20y/o student. You can read some of my posts if you want to know all the troubles I have, I have all of them..... now I also have developed DP/DR and life seems unreal to me.

i also have all the physical symptoms too, whaat is DP/DR

DP/DR is depersonalization/derealization. From what I have seen, people can experience this in different ways. Some people experience it as a feeling like they are not really there. And this typically precedes a panic attack. For myself, it was more of a constant feeling like I am in a different world. I was completely intellectually aware of where I was, and would have no problems finding my way somewhere or giving someone directions. But the world just didn't FEEL right. Places that I had been to many times before just FELT different.

Although this in and of itself might not seem too bad, it was actually VERY disturbing. For one, the 'different place' that familiar places felt like was always a rather dark, grim one. And then there was the sheer persistence of the whole thing - it was just SO unrelenting. Seriously, I thought it would never go away. However, it gradually does as anxiety levels decrease with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbed View Post
    DP/DR is depersonalization/derealization. From what I have seen, people can experience this in different ways. Some people experience it as a feeling like they are not really there. And this typically precedes a panic attack. For myself, it was more of a constant feeling like I am in a different world. I was completely intellectually aware of where I was, and would have no problems finding my way somewhere or giving someone directions. But the world just didn't FEEL right. Places that I had been to many times before just FELT different.

Although this in and of itself might not seem too bad, it was actually VERY disturbing. For one, the 'different place' that familiar places felt like was always a rather dark, grim one. And then there was the sheer persistence of the whole thing - it was just SO unrelenting. Seriously, I thought it would never go away. However, it gradually does as anxiety levels decrease with time.
    It's such an odd feeling. For years I had this, and felt like I was in a bubble, or looking through a window at everything. Breathing exercises can help some people over come this by altering the levels of certain gases within the body. Anybody reading this who suffers it, try it out, you may be one of those who suffers due to way-wood breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by jessed03 View Post
    Breathing exercises can help some people over come this by altering the levels of certain gases within the body. Anybody reading this who suffers it, try it out, you may be one of those who suffers due to way-wood breathing.
    Breathing exercises were never very useful for me. In fact, they did NOTHING for DR/DP. There may be some situations where breathing exercises may help. For instance, breathing exercises MAY help if you have the fleeting type of DR/DP that often precedes panic attacks. But the longer lasting DR/DP is most likely a chemical effect of anxiety disorder itself. And, as such, it is more like being on a drug than something that is affected by breathing.

robbed, how long did you have the dp/dr? just curious