Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

am i going mad or is this serious?

hi my names kevin and im new to the forums, ive been experiencing severe numbness on my head and i feel asif i cant concentrate or im walking funny/about to collapse... my head is numb 24 hours day and night and nothing is getting rid of it, its really getting me down . ive had numerous blood tests urine tests and i recently got my MRI scan results back and they said everything is fine but nothing (and i mean NOTHING) is taking this sensation away and im petrified :/, if any of this helps my diet is bad i eat alot of junk food ive not been exercising for the past year and i have to go on holiday soon , i read an article about mad cow disease and other rare diseases (iknow i shouldnt be if im anxious) but im convinced that something is wrong with me because these feelings dont leave me and are so uncomfortable like im falling through air.. any feedback would be great ...

additional info - 16 years old, had septicaemia 1 year ago.

Improving your diet and exercising more can't hurt. As for the numbness, I think you are doing the right thing in consulting with a doctor. Some of the symptoms sound similar to panic attacks, so maybe that is it?

yeah im just having alot of obsessive thoughts at the moment and im having myself having rare diseases because of "mr google" im trying to accept the fact that this is anxiety so i can pass the 1st step , thanks for the reply

hey kevin, my numbness used to be really bad and i had it for months, and also had every test available as i kept thinking the doctors were 'missing' something. Finally i accepted it was the anxiety causing it and have only had it once on the last few months thank goodness, since i have learned to ignore it. The best possible thing you can do is not to google !!!!! it makes things so much worse, it almost did my head in when i kept thinking i had something wrong with me. Reassure yourself that you MRI came back clear (same as mine did) so if there was anything wrong with your head it would definitely have shown up. My head always feels weird when i have anxiety (sometimes for days at a time) and its a real pain and a horrible feeling, but i just try to go with it the best i can, and then i will normally have a few 'good' days afterwards.
    Hope this helps and that you are well xxxx and NO MORE GOOGLE!!!!!!! lol
    My Daily Diaries of coping with GAD and PD: helpmetogetridofanxiety.wordpress.com

thanks Schatmeisje!! this reassured me that im not the only one out there , along with ur advice not to google and ur kindness youve made me feel better in the meantime, thankyou and god bless