Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

View Poll Results: How do you cope with your social anxiety?

Voters
1188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medication

162 13.64%
  • Herbal Remedies

49 4.12%
  • Therapy

56 4.71%
  • Self-help

263 22.14%
  • A mixture of any of the above

428 36.03%
  • I don't cope

230 19.36%
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Hey and welcome

Uh, yeah it's "in your head" or "in your mind" but not in the sense of you're imagining it or making it up I'd sack that doctor and find a proper one (if you have the strength). Posting/lurking here can help a lot too though.

Gypsy x
    I just came in from the hospital about 2 hours ago. I took an edible im pretty sure and went to another universe thats what started my anxiety attack back in february but then I smoked a dab. I haven't been to work in 2 days because I'm afraid its going to end up with me having a bad anxiety attack because Im at work again. They gave me clonazepam at the hospital.

Does anyone recommend any prescription?

Quote Originally Posted by WMB430 View Post
    I just came in from the hospital about 2 hours ago. I took an edible im pretty sure and went to another universe thats what started my anxiety attack back in february but then I smoked a dab. I haven't been to work in 2 days because I'm afraid its going to end up with me having a bad anxiety attack because Im at work again. They gave me clonazepam at the hospital.

Does anyone recommend any prescription?
    Clonazepam is Generic Klonopin and according to my Doctor provides about 6 hours of relief from those moments of high anxiety.
    He also says it is not a long term solution and is addictive.
    You need to speak to your doctor about starting you on one of the many anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds that are on the market such as Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft, etc.
    These drugs all work in a similar fashion however different people respond differently so it may be trial and error on which one will work for you, again, speak to your doctor.

I was on 40 mg's of Citalopram (Generic Celaxa) for 10 years and it started losing its effectiveness and I am now on 150 mg's of Zoloft which works GREAT for me.

You may also want to consider counseling.

Good Luck and I hope your anxiety subsides at least to a point that you can function.

My fellow researchers at Penn State University have created a free app called Mood Triggers that helps people identify things that can trigger their worry, panic, anxious feelings, or depressed moods.

Features of Mood Triggers:

Mood Triggers can help you keep a diary of:
    1. Your anxiety and depression in your daily life

2. Health behaviors including your heart rate, number of steps, and sleep duration (all collected by the app)

Mood Triggers can also figure out why you are anxious or depressed based on data in your daily life. Mood Triggers will use your own data and run statistical analyses on them to tell you what's associated with your anxiety and depression.

I believe this could be useful for you. It's extremely private and you can work through it at your own pace without the judgment of others. I hope this helps.

We are going into the season that makes me worse. I want more out of life so it is hard to manage.

Where do I find this?

My fellow researchers at Penn State University have created a free app called Mood Triggers that helps people identify things that can trigger their worry, panic, anxious feelings, or depressed moods.

Features of Mood Triggers:

Mood Triggers can help you keep a diary of:
    1. Your anxiety and depression in your daily life

2. Health behaviors including your heart rate, number of steps, and sleep duration (all collected by the app)

Mood Triggers can also figure out why you are anxious or depressed based on data in your daily life. Mood Triggers will use your own data and run statistical analyses on them to tell you what's associated with your anxiety and depression.

I believe this could be useful for you. It's extremely private and you can work through it at your own pace without the judgment of others. I hope this helps.

I was on medication but it made me feel weird so now I use Mantra Magnets. They're earrings you clip on that vibrate as a neuro therapy tool and reset your amygdala. I love them! They really help.

It's really hard but trying my best.

Does anyone have any experience with Paxil?

Not very well lately