Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

View Poll Results: How do you cope with your social anxiety?

Voters
1188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medication

162 13.64%
  • Herbal Remedies

49 4.12%
  • Therapy

56 4.71%
  • Self-help

263 22.14%
  • A mixture of any of the above

428 36.03%
  • I don't cope

230 19.36%
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Hi. I am new to this forum. I find there are a few behaviours I naturally do when I have anxious thoughts, for example I compulsively feel the need to move, tensing my legs etc. I also find out there are phrases I instantly say when I though I dont like comes into my mind, for example I speak french and I always blurt out random phrases or the same phrases in English. Is this normal? Does this sound like an anxiety disorder or some form of OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by gbev View Post
    Hi. I am new to this forum. I find there are a few behaviours I naturally do when I have anxious thoughts, for example I compulsively feel the need to move, tensing my legs etc. I also find out there are phrases I instantly say when I though I dont like comes into my mind, for example I speak french and I always blurt out random phrases or the same phrases in English. Is this normal? Does this sound like an anxiety disorder or some form of OCD.
    hello gbev yes i am constantly moving as i have constant anxiety. i get so busy that i reach a point where i feel i need to scream which i do using a pillow so i dont freak the neighbours out!! as for tensing the legs ive ended up with plantar fasciitis (foot problems) because i used to walk miles but can no longer do this. and so i spend more time indoors and on the computer. and yes i have my regular sound bite negative dialogue. for me it kinda starts with me putting the world to right commentary. now i tell myself to shut up!! which helps and usually after that i get the sound bite negative dialogue. which is harder to stop but stop i do but it takes time and just now as i am typing this i realise that i havent done this for a while! best to be vigilant with your thoughts dont allow them too much room nip them in the bud

and its my feet and racing thoughts that are keeping from the land of nod
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by julianna View Post
    Hello there!

I have figured that I feel low, bad, not competent, with lots of low self-esteem and bad self-image when my serotonine is damn low. Ta-da!! I figured that out while treating myself. So, what did I do? I took matter into my own hands. The doctors wanted to pump me up with anti-depressants again but they haven't worked as they should the first time I had anxiety attacks, so I googled around - professional articles from either doctor, pyschologists, nutricionists, pharmaceuts, food technology engineers... I figured I can do what the medication can in no time. So, the story goes on...

I bought L-tryptophan (capsules) - it contains tryptophan and that's an amino acid that is essential - you need to ingest it - and this amino acid produces serotonine. (You can also ingest it with food, but you have to adjust your diet to start producing more serotonine than you usually do.) So the serotonine is produced through tryptophan you also need vitamins B6, B9 and B12 - so I bought the B-complex. You also need some vitamin C and Magnesium. I bought vitamin C and Magnesium as effervescent tablets and it works just fine. So I was set. I have to tell you, I FEEL GREAT NOW! Please, do try. It's true that positive behaviour and all that crap helps, but in such a state I don't think many people are capable of it. It's perfectly natural, no side effects (except bright urine - body excretes excess vitamins). I recommend it because I feel awesome and it happened in no time.

However, in such a state, do things for yourself. Take yourself out, enjoy yourself in anyway you see fit, take up a new hobby... Whatever. That helps a lot as well. Consider yourself a parent to yourself and nurture the child inside you. I do that when I'm a lot under stress and it's awesome.
    thanks for this post it is very interesting. it has made me think that i should do this. i am not usually into supplements but i am so tired of feeling one dimensional and every day life a blur. yes it is impossible to do the "fix it things and you will be better," when you are in the pits. the best i can come up with at the mo is to keep pushing through but i quite often skirt with brittleness and that is just so hard to keep managing day in and day out. its become kinda normal for me. the last time i went to the doc was 16 months ago as i have given up on anti-depressants. however i am taking what the doc prescribed to me 15 months ago and seeing as i have tried 4 maybe 5 different types i kinda know that this is just futile to keep trying different ones. the only thing is that i dont get any worse but i dont get any better either
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm coping by checking my blood levels seeing what vitamins I'm low on which in my case was vitamin d and terminating to issue by taking good vitamins no more anxiety no more panic no more unrealistic feelings

When the combination of medication, therapy, and self-help all manage to fail, so does my coping mechanism. I don't use herbal remedies, but not because of any beliefs I have about them. I have tried many (I'm the only person I know who won't wince at licking a blend of glycerine and valerian root off an eyedropper because I've had worse) and don't use them because they don't seem to be strong enough to deal with the advanced challenges I have.

Hi everyone!! hey! please give me also suggestion to cop on anxiety

I find running and or other exercise really helps. Always makes me feel better.

I also have a great psychiatrist that I see on average, every couple of months. If you don't find a councellor that you trust and click with the first time, keep shopping around until you do.

I went for a run and I never fail to feeling happier, more motivated and uplifted after a run. I wish I could go more that every second day.

I do a lot of things; when my anxiety is kicking up I immediately recognise it and get out of the situation/environment as soon as possible. I also try and live a structured lifestyle, doing lots of different things in order to keep my mind busy. I try and throw myself into social situations; most of the time it's good for my confidence but if it fails I still have the satisfaction of saying "At Least I Tried."

I also drink camomile flavour tea, and exercise three times a week, but more importantly I try and do something other than being glued to my computer screen, too deflated to do anything productive.

Hope this helps <3