Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

View Poll Results: How do you cope with your social anxiety?

Voters
1188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medication

162 13.64%
  • Herbal Remedies

49 4.12%
  • Therapy

56 4.71%
  • Self-help

263 22.14%
  • A mixture of any of the above

428 36.03%
  • I don't cope

230 19.36%
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jatzcrackers View Post
    Taking Meds, for Anxiety/BP or my BP would be through the roof from Anxiety and generally!!!....Although i don't like taking them.

If there working for ya Jatzcarackers, then mores the power to you. What other things do you like doing to keep yourself in tune?
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I try to keep my mind occupied with constructive and enjoyable things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I try to keep my mind occupied with constructive and enjoyable things.
    Just out of curiosity but what are some of these for you?

For me:

Playing my tuba, listening to music, getting work done, cooking, and watching my favorite TV shows. I also enjoy nature, walks, hiking, and scenic views.

Thanks for the well thought out reply, Ponder. Eating plans have always confused the hell out of me. Different diet plans have become like cults, what with people swearing by them and citing conflicting pieces of evidence in favor of them. I always start to eat better, then the paranoia comes in that I'm doing it wrong lol. Too many carbs, wrong types of meat, etc etc.

I remember getting the China study a while ago, but haven't flicked through it yet. I'll have to give it a read!

If an anxiety diet works for you, power to you. I believe that a good diet helps depression but I cant say what that diet consists of.

I keep my mind occupied with work, watching youtube, collecting sports signatures, hanging out and talking with friends, going out to dinner with my family, listening to music, watching TV, etc.

I cope with my anxiety by talking about it. I make videos where I discuss issues. Having a podcast where I speak with another person on issues also help tremendously. I feel that, with everyone being different, it's a constant struggle to find what works and what doesn't. Talking about these issues often make me learn more about myself so I can better handle anxiety.

Lately when out in public, I have to find an escape even to use the bathroom to recuperate. I went out today and had to do that twice and it did help me to 'pull myself together' enough to prevent a full-blown panic attack. Going out is exhausting for me though with enormous social phobia. I'm always hyper alert of my surroundings and rarely enjoy the experience. I guess I should be somewhat proud though, as I used to drink to cope with anxiety, and I've been totally sober for almost 5 months. Sometimes its not easy at all and I don't cope well at all.
    Last edited by salvator here; 05-27-2017 at 07:09 PM.

i just dont know how to be around people, this is causing issues in my relationship because she wants me to have physical friends/people i can go to.

Exercise is always a sure bet for me, problem is I'm often too lazy...