Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

View Poll Results: How do you cope with your social anxiety?

Voters
1188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medication

162 13.64%
  • Herbal Remedies

49 4.12%
  • Therapy

56 4.71%
  • Self-help

263 22.14%
  • A mixture of any of the above

428 36.03%
  • I don't cope

230 19.36%
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

How are you coping with anxiety?

In an effort to see how people are coping with anxiety, I have setup this poll.
    Always,
    James

[b]My Other Sites[/b]:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was taking paxil cr, but im off of it for the time being, but it does really seem to help a lot. I've also tried other medications without any success.
    -
    there's always a prize at the end of the rope

I'm on Welbutrin. I know some people haven't had luck with this drug, but it seems to be helping me with some of it. I think it is time for me to talk to the dr. about upping my dose though. :roll:

Cath
    "Practice makes perfect so be careful what you practice."

I was taking Zoloft, and that helped get me through a kind of depressed period, but it didn't do much good for the anxiety, so I stopped taking it. Now I am looking at alternative therapies to help me with the anxiety, because I just don't want to be on medication forever. There's got to be a way to deal with this without drugs!

Hi I agree with you about the Meds. Im not saying they are bad and that people shouldnt take them, but I know there are medication free ways of beating this anxiety. Every person has a differnt story tho...and im only sayin what my doctor has said to me. I get the impression im not the worst off patient who visits him...but i have my moments

nothing yet

I do not really cope with my anxiety at all. I have been given some advice on how to handle it but it has not worked. So far I have yet to find anything that helps me to calm down when I am extremely anxious.

I have OCD and tis pretty bad right now. If t feels like I'm not taking anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by norvok
    I was taking paxil cr, but im off of it for the time being, but it does really seem to help a lot. I've also tried other medications without any success.
    Norvok, did Paxil help any? What is your age, and what was its side effects? I was prescribed that but did not take it bc I am scared to take meds since I am only 19...
    "People's Negativities Are Their Disabilities"

I am taking Lexapro, for my Depression/Anxiety it helps a bit with my depression, but not with my anxiety. My Counselor has showed me some Deep Breathing Techniques to help me relax when I get anxious, they help a little, but I still wish that I could get some pills for my Anxiety/Panic Attacks, does anyone know of any medication that they would recommend me taking for this that has worked for you?

Hi Chris. I really don't have any answer to your question but maybe seeing your doctor could be a start as far as finding a medication that is not only right for your anxiety/panic attacks, but one that is right for you. Good Luck