Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

View Poll Results: How do you cope with your social anxiety?

Voters
1188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Medication

162 13.64%
  • Herbal Remedies

49 4.12%
  • Therapy

56 4.71%
  • Self-help

263 22.14%
  • A mixture of any of the above

428 36.03%
  • I don't cope

230 19.36%
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

How are you coping with anxiety?

In an effort to see how people are coping with anxiety, I have setup this poll.
    Always,
    James

[b]My Other Sites[/b]:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i am on lexapro and am noticing its not working aswell as it used to,i am also considering moving to wales with my new job but am terrified that il loose control of my anxiety or wont be able to get my medication over there

aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh just as I thought I was having a good day I have a small anxiety boost.fortuenatly the day is almost over.

I am on sertaline 100mg and it has helped some but I wish it would do more. I try to stay relaxed as much as possible and I try to not get stress out very much but that is hard to do in this day and time. I rely alot on my wife and friends they help out alot I couldn't ask for anything more but to be rid of this S***.

I've had GAD pretty much my whole life. Tried all the self-help stuff (made honest efforts), nothing worked. Took Celexa for 7 months and that worked very well for me. Had to go off of it due to major weight gain. Being on the meds and feeling "normal" for a short period of time gave me perspective. I'm able to cope much better now (not on any meds). I feel that if there's any way possible for you to experience what its like to feel normal for awhile that it can help a lot. Obviously a lot of my anxiety symptoms have come back, but I am able to tell myself its the anxiety and it will not harm me.

In talking to a Psychiatrist recently he suggested that Neurontin (Gabapentin) --which is an anti-epileptic drug-- can be effective for anxiety. Anyone else use this drug, or hear about it being used for anxiety?

Running helps me to overcome even severe anxiety, though the last thing i feel like doing when i'm anxious is put on my running shoes.

Does anyone have an opinion on the following book?

The 10 Best-Ever Anxiety Management Techniques: Understanding How Your Brain Makes You Anxious and What You Can Do to Change It
    by Margaret Wehrenberg

Wink

Still spending a few minutes a day on my TEA forms and doing better than ever

Since my anxiety is on and off I have tried natural remedies which have worked in the past but not for long enough ... am currently seeing a psychologist who is teaching me CBT and on Lexapro... It took me 5 years to get to this point and knew I needed something stronger than natural remedies as I was going round in circles. I'll probably go back to this as a maintenance once the med has 're-wired' my brain a bit, and once the psyc sessions have helped me learn coping strategies.

I don't regret going on meds, it's only day 4 and I can feel myself rationalising... I am a control freak by nature who obsesses and worries about everything, it's nice to see the world through different eyes (and it's still me and not scary)

I was scared they'd change me... but all they've done is make me more relaxed, cope better and make me see things in a more positive light. That's the whole point!