Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Feel free to message me if you need help or advice on doing the exercises like the tea form. I'd also be intertested in hearing how you are progressing.
    Have a happy new year Derk!

yes, I used one today

I just had a mild panic attack at the airport, and I used a TEA form while parked on the side of loading area in my car. That sounds a little overly dramatic but it was helpful.

Happy New Year to you as well

Good job Derk. I use them in a more preventive way in that I always do them first thing in the morning to get my day off on the right foot. But when I was in the midst of a panic episode the tea form was a great way to interrupt the cycle of thoughts and calm down for me too.

thanks Bubbywu!

I will look for that!

How are things going Derk? I have been thinking about you

Derk are you still coming here to read the forums? If you are I was wondering how you are coming along with everything. I hope the fact that I have not heard back from me means you are doing well :P

What is the tea form exercise? Can anyone give a summary, or is a description available online?

I think I have mostly mild anxiety issues, but it can move to moderate anxiety when I'm interacting in an unfamiliar environment with unfamiliar people (that's the worst). I've never had any kind of panic attack or anything though.

The tea form is the cbt thought countering exercise outlined in the book I mentioned by Obitz that helps eliminate anxiety and reduce stress. They have helped me a great deal.

hey Squirt

On the whole I am doing well. I actually got off track for awhile and didn't understand why I was slipping back into old patterns, and then I realized that I had stopped using my TEA forms. As soon as I got back on that horse (so to speak) I have been feeling and doing better again. Such a simple tool, but so useful!

Good to hear you are doing well other than when you fell off your horse
    Keep countering those thoughts in your tea forms and don't be such a stranger okay?