Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

any suggestions for helping me?

Does anyone have any books or techniques they recommend for helping to deal with anxiety, etc? I'm considering joining a CBT group, but it's a little pricey. thx.

Cbt is good

I was in a cbt group and it has helped me immensely. If you can join one I would highly recommend it. If not there are lots of good books on cbt you could get. One of the ones we used in my group has a really good introduction to the whole process called Been there, done that? do this! by sam obitz. The tea form exercise in that book has helped me a ton and I still do them all the time when I get upset or anxious. Best of luck to you and try cbt one way or the other

a question for you, Squirt

Amazon seems to be out of stock of that Obitz book. Can you tell me where else to find it? I sure hope you see this message.

re: book

I can't remember the author, but when I was first diagnosed with Agoraphobia I read a book called Living Fear Free. It helped me understand myself a lot better.

Chele
    Bubby

There are several techniques recomended to deal with anxiety.The following are the alternitive ways.Recovery from an anxiety disorder is a journey for many of us. A treatment approach often involves a variety of methods from self-help to therapy to medication to alternatives. Cognitive behavioral therapy, relaxation techniques, white noise, biofeedback, and hypnotherapy are also suggested for the treatment of anxiety disorder. Alternative treatment such as acupuncture, and yoga, are also used in the treatment of anxiety disorder. Kava Kava, hops, St. John's wort, passion flower, and chamomile are some of the recommended herbal remedies for anxiety treatment.

In conclusion, if you can have a relaxed mind and sound body, you can prevent anxiety disorders. Adopt practices such as exercise, proper diet and mental relaxation techniques to avoid anxiety disorders.

Shallow breathing may lead to increased anxiety and even panic attacks; some people theorize that improper breathing is the entire cause of panic attacks. In any case, learning proper breathing will help too. Spending time in nature reduce stress and anxiety. Environmental psychologists believe our surroundings influence our mental health. I hope this info helped you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I ordered my copy on-line. here's the link:
    http://www.supertao.com/order_book.html
    there is also more info about the book on the links at the top of the order page.
    God luck and I hope it is helpful for you.

i suggest www.hypnoanalysis.com

1 to 1 therapy with an analytical therapist...
    release repressed emotions,
    cure the anxiety....!
    or an analytical hypnotherapist near you!
    g.
    well blow me!
    cure the world, let them eat psychotherapists...

got my copy yesterday!

I have already read most of the book. I can see this is going to be helpful and it seems worth every penny!

thanks!

You're welcome Derk. Concentrate on doing the tea form exercise everyday and whewnever you are feeling anxious and you will get more and more benefits from it over time if you are anything like me. Take care.

thanks!