Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Am I agoraphobic?

Hi

I get up and can go places as long as my car is near by. I find it difficult to go to busy town centres or supermarkets.

I go to work but panic and think what if i faint or something?

I lie about how i am feeling to others and make excuses not to go places like the cinema.

I do go to work and manage to struggle through. I even go on holidays abroad but then find myself not wanting to go too far from ther hotel.

Am I agoraphobic? Is there a way out?

Sarah.x

Hi Sarah,

I think you do have Agoraphobia.You should get help because it may even get worse later on in your life with panic and anxiety attacks.An agoraphobia sufferer will go out of their way to avoid those places and situations where a panic attack may occur. They may even end up being housebound as they avoid being in crowded places. This unhealthy lifestyle can in itself trigger agoraphobic attacks to occur in everyday normal situations. The increased heart rate may also cause a panic attack because you may think that you’re having a heart attack.

As you can see this is a vicious and extremely debilitating mental condition. For sufferers of panic attacks they should seek the medical aid of doctors who specialize in these mental disorders and receive treatment before their panic attacks spiral into agoraphobia where they may end up being restricted in their lifestyle due to their ever increasing fear of being helpless in the face of a panic attack. I hope I was some what of help for you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.