Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gricinda, Hi. Have you tried more than 1 ssri and if so(since they can temporarily increase anxiety before lowering it) just up the xanax dose(JUST until the ssri starts to help) and then taper back down on the xanax? Some folks just start an ssri, feel the temp increase in anxiety and drop the ssri. Many docs are OK with a temp. increase in the benzo just so you'll continue the ssri which in the LONG RUN will/should help reduce your anxiety and xanax use will be lowered. Another thing to try is to start the ssri at a lower(say 1/2) dose and in a couple weeks go to the full dose. Or divide the doses to 1/2 the dose at breakfast, half at dinner to less side effects All this would be to give the ssri time to work but start with minimum side effects(one of which can be temp. increased anxiety). Message me anytime. Mute point if you've given a couple ssri's at least a month each and still didn't help.

I was on Xanax and found a natural herb supplement called Holy Basil! It's comes In a capsule form and get it at whole foods or GNC...I was pretty quick to substitute my Xanax with holy basil! Which is better cause it's an all natural herb that really works! It helps regulate your cortisol and glucose levels which brings your anxiety to an ease! I strongly suggest it! It has helped me a lot and hope it does the same for you!
    watch my personal anxiety videos!!!

please leave comments and subscribe

www.youtube.com/user/jeremyfresno