Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hybrid View

Um, new here and confused, undiagnosed

Hi,
    I've been reading a lot of the posts here and researching on the net about anxiety, panic and agoraphobia.
    The websites that describe agoraphobia definitely indicate that I have it. I knew I had a problem but wouldn't accept it and eventually decided to look it up.
    Your posts are really interesting (and friendly)and I can see similarities with myself. You all seem very clear about what an anxiety attack and a panic attack feel like. I just don't know, I've no scale to measure myself on.
    I think I totally avoid any stressful situations and take xanax and valium by the bucketload so I don't know how I really am or what I should try to do next. Maybe that's why I'm not sure how bad my anxiety is and if it's worth getting treatment.
    So I'm looking for basic information and I'd love to get to know you and hopefully get some support from you. I won't bore you with specifics of my problem. I'll just let you know that I'm really uncomfortable posting this because you're a whole new group of people and I'm scared of you! :?
    Thanks for reading.
    Anomie

Hi. 39 years ago: Getting the right medicine and group thereapy eventually lead me out the door. Waiting for those days when I "felt good" and trying a few steps at a time worked for me. My life now: I go to work, to walmart on good days. I know my good days when I wake up, if it's good I can feel it and am anxious to be out in sunlight.
    Bob

Amonie, have you been on an ssri? You should ask about starting a slow upward taper(prozac/zoloft) which will eventually(might worsen it but only at first) reduce your anxiety and lower your anxiety/panic. Counseling and CBT should also help. Alankay.