Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank-You Rich for making this resource available for people dealing with anxiety..

It make such a big difference having a community like this..

Knowing and seeing that you not alone with it is a great help!

New

Just getting accustomed to the tricks of this forum. I wonder if anyone has been diagnosed with PTSD? There is an awful lot of anxiety with it, depression, too, and most of all unexplained anger. I have managed to overcome a lot of the anger because it comes from being hurt, but the anxiety part is very difficult. I understand it comes from previous trauma and the fear of it happening again.

It is extreme. The guys in my group call it various names, the dragon, the lizard, the beast. Most of us have resolved that we will have it the rest of our lives. It is just very very deep. Much of the anxiety is manifested in "heightened awareness." I know where everyone is in a restaurant, a theater, anywhere I walk, I know who is coming, what is behind me. Sleep is really a luxury. I have taken most of the drugs and warned against taking others. Right now Ativan low dose is doing OK. I have taken most of the other stronger benzos. Most SSRI's are worthless for me. Zoloft actually caused hallucinations. Very chemical thing. A new therapy, EMDRA, works some of the time not always. I wonder if any of you have tried it.

Flashbacks come from nowhere much of the time. And nightmares. A sound can conjure a bad memory. I have read much of the helpful suggestions in the forum and I am deeply grateful. I don't know why this is happening now after so many years. I thought I had put it all behind me. Thanks for your suggestions.

Posting in the wrong thread, sorry
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hi Allon. My heart breaks for you and all you are going through. I, too, have been diagnosed with PTSD based primarily though not entirely on a brutal attempted murder by a family member many years ago. That got the ball rolling with many of the symptoms you describe though not for the most part as extreme. By far my main issue now is anxiety. It is my beast. I tell you this to tell you that many other symptoms have faded over time and I wish the same for you.
    I did do EMRD fairly recently with a skilled therapist. We focused only on the violent experience. It has helped. I can remember the experience but not react emotionally to it with the exception of very appropraite anger. This fades very quickly. Within minutes. Well worth a try. Make sure you find an EMRD therapist who is specifically credentialed in EMRD.
    To say I wish you the best is an enormous understatement. Luck and love to you.

Hello, Mr.Rich Presta,
    Oh too late forget IT!!!
    Last edited by 1Bluerose68; 10-27-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Just , "Go To" a topic of your choice

Then, at the TOP is a direction that says," New Thread/Post."

Then from there, you click the Royal Blue Box at the top on the Left side.

Then need to begin with top Title.

Then tab down to the main box, wont submit w/o main box being utilized.

Then after, edit,

Then press Submit.

That's it...

I'm not a real technical person so , I hope that helps you...

Great blog!

Thank you very much for this forum.

Yes, thank you for this forum. It is so helpful to know that others are worriers too.

Rich hasn't been active on here since 2014 and it is now 2017 does anyone know if he is okay or is anyone friends with him? Something isn't right it is like he has left or sold the site .