Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Need some tips

Need some tips

ok so i was sapose to visit my girlfriend the other week (she lives about 4 and a half hours away from my city) but it was resceduled because she had to work i kinda felt relieved but bad because i wanted to go but the anxiety was kinda stopping me, but now she wants me to go there for next weekend, i really wanna go there to visit her but i keep thinking what if i had a panic attack im still adjusting to the new meds what if something goes wrong plus she is having a family barbaque and she wants me to be there for it but im real nervous of meeting her family, does anyone have any tips on how i can try to relax or overcome this? should i just go and just bear with it, knowing that she is there and that she loves me should help me relax a bit shouldn't it?? ive been there once before i was kinda anxious but she comforted me so i was ok, and i dont wanna relly on vallium to help me through the days im there because the next day i feel like shit after taking them and it makes me more anxious the next day after taking only half, just thinking about going there im exited but my stomach starts to turn and i feel nervous and panicy like i wanna run away it makes me feel so sad, ive told my girlfriend about the panic attacks but its different when people see it than just tellin them abou it anyways any help or tips would be good thanx

I've gone through the same thing with my friends. And my sister lives about 40 minutes from me and I still haven't driven out by myself yet. And it sucks to keep making excuses as to why you can't make it. Just remember our problem will show you who your real friends are. It's hard to understand but they'll stand by you and work with you. Don't feel guilty either. I always feel like I'm letting them down. But now that I explain that my anxiety has come back pretty strong again and that's the problem, I feel better with no guilt. Maybe meeting have way to start would help.

Chele
    Bubby

thanx for tha advice, im leaving tonight to visit her im gonna give it my best, im sure ill be fine

ok so i went for them few days and i was ok a bit anxious here and there but no full on panic attack, she made me feel so good that i didn't even have time to worry about anything lol

way to go

Good job!!! You should feel really good about yourself. And your friend did a great job of keeping your mind occupied. Way to go and keep up the good work!!!!

Chele
    Bubby