Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

woah do i experience depression??

sometimes i get this weird feeling come over me, like i feel real neasuas and light headed and i get all these weird emotions like i feel alone, and i feel i need a hug and feel outkasted from everyone else and just feel really low with no energy and i feel like i need to talk to someone because i wanna cry for no reason and i think to my self dont be a sook is that depression or something else? or could it be all my worries building up?

hi

I totally can relate to some of the feelings that you have been having. For the longest time I felt like it was me against the world, and that people didn't even acknowledge that I was even there. That is what gave me my right to isolate myself from civilisation. I felt like I had nobody who I could talk to or even relate to, not realizing that the whole time I had my family and my boyfriend with me every step of the way. I started seeing a psychologist who has helped me change my life. I was struggeling with clinical depression which stemed from a series of events but I let it go so long that I just wanted to die. These feelings that you have could very well be depression and they can consume your everyday life which leads to a further depression. You should really check it out for a doctor that specializes in anxiety and depression and get your life back on track. It is so hard to do but it is even harder trying to do it alone. There is light at the end of the tunnel so make that first step by getting help and you will be well on your way. Good luck to you.
    "the world is filled with pain and suffering, but it is also filled with the overcoming of it" -Helen Keller

i dont think thats the same feeling but its coming back strong again, i just feel yucky and like sick in the stomach and feel like im out of place somewhere i wish i knew what it was, my phsycitrist said its not depression so maybe it is just the anxiety

yeh i feel like that too

i've been reflecting lately to the fact that making a decision when your depressed will maybe not be the best decision that one could make ,. then just think ,. i'f you've been depressed for 10 years or longer like i have , then all the choices that your life is based on arn't really the choices that you would have made , so then maybe were not living our lifes or were basing our lifes on decisions that we would have not made ., had we never been sick like this ,. i don't feel like there will ever be a future .or a hope,. everything seems wrong
    I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by living, by losing.,.,.,.

Dan I think you are on to something here. I have battled anxiety and depression for a number of years and it was not until I joined a cbt group that I realized part of the illness was not being able to look at things objectively and therefore making horrible decisions. Learning the thought countering techniques in cbt has helped me immensely. You should look into cbt. There are lots of good books on cbt you could get also. One of the ones we used in my group has a really good introduction to the whole process called Been there, done that? do this! by sam obitz. The tea form exercise in that book has helped me begin to turn things around and I still do them all the time when I get upset or anxious. I hope this is useful to you.

I have been told that I am clinically depressed. I cannot remember a time when I wasn't angry. About everything. I have little patience for anything, even my children most of the time. Noise bothers me. Like bouncing a ball or drumming your nails too long ( in my opinion- over 5 minutes if I'm in the same room.) What I feel are stupid questions and repeating things. I'm looking into some help for myself now. I want to be free from all of this. I've been tired too long. And definately angry for too long.

Thanks for the replies.

reminess I think cbt would help you but you have to practice the thought countering exercises like the tea form daily for it to work well. I used to be really impatient and easily upset but I have made giant strides thanks to changing the way I process things through the cbt exercises. I still have a problem with noise but it is not as bothersome to me as it used to be. I think you may want to give it a try if you are willing to put some effort into doing the exercises. I hope this is useful for you.

anxiety is mental torture, i would rather be shot in the thigh than this to be honest, the worst thing about my anxiety is never being able to be yourself and knowing that even ur friends dont know who u really are... girls u like will never know the real you... when im around people i feel like the type of person "I" would want to punch in the face. Even dying is no escape from this, dying after the last couple of years of my life being this shit would be even worse. i cant enjoy anything anymore...

Tenacious I know the feeling but you can get better. Try doing the tea form exercise for awhile and it will build your confidence and you will soon be able to be the real you when you are around people. You sound cool but just need some self confidence :P