Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

would love quick opinions

Hey guys as you all know I am a frequent poster here and love to give advice this time I am asking it. So a few min ago I was discussin my ecg and all of a sudden had heart palp for just a min or two. I felt ok then got rapid heart beat and its tryin to get a little slower now. Does that sound familiar to any of you as being panic attack? Scared right now guys

So, now that my heart is not beating as fast I am having indigestion and lots of burping going on...does all this sound typical to you guys?

Definitely sounds like a panic attack, especially since your were talking about an ECG which probably triggered it. That being followed up by the burping just adds more weight to the argument since that happens after an attack alot.

Dont stress!
    The ability to feel fear and keep moving forward distinguishes the living from the merely breathing. - Nicholas Lore

There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them. ~Andre Gide

Good advice

I know this comes late, but in the future, if you ever get palpitations that increase your heart rate try squeezing your stomach muscles.

Squeeze and hold them for 5-10 seconds. Repeat this a few times.

This will "squeeze" a certain group of nerves that will slow down your heart rate. And don't forget to slow your breathing. Those two things should help a ton.
    Paul Dooley
    Anxietyguru.net

Re: Good advice

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dooley
    I know this comes late, but in the future, if you ever get palpitations that increase your heart rate try squeezing your stomach muscles.

Squeeze and hold them for 5-10 seconds. Repeat this a few times.

This will "squeeze" a certain group of nerves that will slow down your heart rate.
    Wow, that's interesting! Thank you for posting the tip!!