Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Feeling a bit anxious today

I have been feeling a bit anxious today, isn't at frustrating how anxiety can make you question what is real and what's not?

I have had this sensastion of needing to clear my throat for a few weeks at least, plus feeling kinda full of mucus at the back of my throat. I presently have a cold which doesn't help but I am convinced that it was there for weeks or months before now.

So my anxious mind has decided that it's been there for ages, is the result of a chronic sinus infection caused by some immune problem.

I am aware that there are a few leaps of imagination there yet I can't break the thought anxiety cycle at the moment.

I also know that anxiety can cause these symptoms as well, as can allergies but I have never suffered allergies before so the anxiety is on high alert.

Anyway, thanks for reading.
    The ability to feel fear and keep moving forward distinguishes the living from the merely breathing. - Nicholas Lore

There are very few monsters who warrant the fear we have of them. ~Andre Gide

Friend,
    I'm with you on the throat thing. I have bad allergies now and feel a lump in my throat and I can't clear it! Well, I just saw yesterday that Michael Douglas has stage 5 throat cancer...and yep, you guessed where my mind went!!! ops: Sucks to have these thoughts.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.