Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I just bought the book. I will try anything. TM, books, etc. Need to get over my anxiety and get my life back.

Hope the book helps.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bez View Post
    I just bought the book. I will try anything. TM, books, etc. Need to get over my anxiety and get my life back.

Hope the book helps.

Bryan
    Hi Bryan,

I think it will if you put some effort in. Using the TEA forms from that book have totally turned my life around. In fact I still spend a few minutes each morning doing them to help make sure my days get off to a good start. Just make sure you fight through the early struggles with them as they get easier to do with practice and you get better at catching the thoughts that cause your problems and once you get to that point I think you'll start to see progress that shocks you like I did

Hey Nadia,

Speaking as someone who used to have severe anxiety I think two things are the most important. First, set attainable goals for yourself every day. Second, stay committed to the process. It is very uneven. There is no magical "Aha" moment when you are suddenly free from all anxiety.

You can make great strides in a relatively short period of time. Just don't give yourself any "days off."

Best.

Joe.

It depends. Depression has to do with a chemical imbalance in the brain if it is chronic it may likely stick around and be hard to get rid of. I believe you can get rid of it though. Once you deal with the issues cause your illness then you should be able to return to normal, but I am not a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMagaro View Post
    Hey Nadia,

Speaking as someone who used to have severe anxiety I think two things are the most important. First, set attainable goals for yourself every day. Second, stay committed to the process. It is very uneven. There is no magical "Aha" moment when you are suddenly free from all anxiety.

You can make great strides in a relatively short period of time. Just don't give yourself any "days off."

Best.

Joe.
    Good points Joe

Quote Originally Posted by trackstar View Post
    Hi Bryan,

I think it will if you put some effort in. Using the TEA forms from that book have totally turned my life around. In fact I still spend a few minutes each morning doing them to help make sure my days get off to a good start. Just make sure you fight through the early struggles with them as they get easier to do with practice and you get better at catching the thoughts that cause your problems and once you get to that point I think you'll start to see progress that shocks you like I did
    Well said.... How about an update Bryan? Hope you are having success similar to mine with them

I'd love to hear an update too Bryan

Good to see you trackstar! How's everything in your life?

Hi Nadia - anxiety and depression are both entirely curable. One of the things to remember is that you are bigger than your anxiety and your depression - these are giving you dreadful feelings just now, but you are greater than them - and don't start thinking that anxiety and depression are an intrinsic part of you - they are NOT! Try to avoid saying things like 'I am depressed' or 'I am anxious' - turn that around a bit and say something like 'I have anxious or depressive feelings right now' - that can help you stop identifying with your anxiety and depression. Feelings of anxiety and depression come and go - it may not feel like it at the moment, but they WILL go. I'm sorry to hear you're so ill you've been off work for so long - it will really help you if you can get support to start thinking about going back to work as soon as you can, even if it's just slowly, maybe part-time at first - I say that because work is one of the greatest therapies for both anxiety and depression, it helps occupy your mind and can boost your self-esteem and confidence. While you're off work, it would be good to try to find things to occupy yourself, ideally something creative, something you can really get immersed in - that can help to relax your mind and get your thoughts off your anxieties. Don't give up hope - and don't let anyone 'label' you as and 'anxious person' or a 'depressive' - your are much more than that. I wish you well.

Good advice anxiety beater