Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I've been struggling with panic attacks for years. I recently read the following short book which outlined some good methods to combat fear. I recently read the book "Flip the Script on Fear" from amazon which outlined some good methods to combat fear.

Anything that you find helpful is good to hear.

Mine has a little bit of what will they think?, but more loss of control within myself! that freaks me out!

I have come to realize that in life, their is little we can control, so it is better to try to let go.

your "fuck em" attitude works, but only for so long. if your disorder is progressive you will eventually reach a point where will power and mental tricks wont cut it anymore. you should seek proper treatment while it still works for you.

Once I start saying "Fuck It" I can easily wind up screaming'FUCK ALL YOU CUNTS!" The latter being quite toxic for all involved. However after much contemplation imo; "Fuck it!" does have it's place. Will Power is not a trick once you come to understand it's up to individuals take responsibility and NOT rely on others for a 'fix'. [Fix is an illusion at any rate - a created one they want you to think you need - is the clinical way] The problem with most 'dis' - 'orders' is that society seeks to categorize those that don't fit, thus it being more a process of labeling, shaming and ultimately a case of constant rejection that said disorders become progressive which then of course have us all believing that only clinical intervention can fix. It's how the big wheel spins.

So Yea ... "FUCK IT!" But don't get yourself in a twist thinking just because 'the' problem is ongoing that you can't help yourself. Sure seek help, but your still going to have to take responsibility for yourself. Especially if your not seeking chemical solutions for lifestyle related problems. Anyone that want's to push the former on me ... well they can go fuck themselves! Is the number one go to when I explain to professionals when I need a form - "what medication are you on?" Be very careful when you do and seek help! Not even the doctors expect you to take responsibility for yourself. "here take this - NEXT PLEASE!"

Chemical Imbalance hey?. FUCK IT ... those words are just as effective for stabilization. But we can't have a society full of people waling around saying "Fuck It" now, can we? I guess it's all in the way we summon up those words and how we say it and where it leads.

Just my view ... I'm fucking sick of seeking help but then having to cross those fucking welfare mentality GPs. "Hey 'DOC' WHAT' FUCKING MEDS ARE YOU ON?"

Wow ... this "Fuck It!" approach really works. Thanks for the tip.

Until next FUCKING POST!!!
    Last edited by Ponder; 08-22-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Strategies required best timing!!

Speaking with strategy, what I usually do most of the time is keep a journal. I write there everything that is most important to me. They are my strength and I always think of facing my triggers one at a time. Our human mind is strong. We don't know its capacity unless we try exceeding its limit.

I always like to take to opposite view if only to sense whether people are reflecting influential speech that's more marketed; or not. My approach is complicated and I have trust issues. The need to be strong is something I see as a chink in the armor. Not the part about being strong ... but the NEED being overly sold as if one is broke when they are not, always in need of fixing themselves or someone else. That said, if people think they are weak, then perhaps they need to take the soldiers journey to learn from taking on more hits. If one is not taking hits, then they are most likely affecting others around them in their quest to be tougher, to be more, to be better and all that other likewise speech. For me, that directions comes off more like blowing up a balloon. It's not self sustaining and always finds people in need. You have to be in touch with one's limits before you can exceed them and when you are in touch the insights obtained leave you without the 'need' to be more than what you already are. The other side of the coin to such self help stratagems, is people get hooked on the need for more. People who limit themselves into categories like extraverts, thrive on such things. Just making a point is all. Been there and done that ... I have also played the introvert ... woers me. You get that gist.

I also still stand by what I said above but would add to 'timing' as suggest by domainer, that balance is also key.

Context is also very important. I don't know many 'you deal with it strategies' that are not projected from negative energy.

Ahhh fuck it ... what do I know? again ... more sarcasm as is the major theme to my previous reply. You deal with it strategy can work and I agree timing is right. If your play is off the mark, you will be stuck constantly telling everyone else to deal with it - when the only way is to deal with it, is to deal with it yourself.

This is just how I tick ... I went through the whole tony robins genre and likewise self help media. It was just a journey I needed to take to find out what I know now. Mores the power to those who can get through each day what what works for them. We can't all be on the same plain. At least not in my world ... Sameness is over rated just as the need to agree can be. It's too easy.
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-11-2021 at 07:42 PM.

I'm so tired and exhausted. I'm thinking of quitting but I can't. I'll deal with it