Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Going off my medication of 17 years cont.

Hello all,

Just thought I'd keep you posted on how I'm going. Went off my medication of 17 years - first without 25mg(one day), then 75mg (2 days), then nothing for 3 days - which all went okay really - felt a bit strange/off. Then started on Zoltolf (?) 50mg and the 2nd day (which was yesterday) woah baby was that baaaad! Seriously, I felt like I was dying (and not panicky wise either) I was nauseas, had a splitting headache, I was shaking, my hands and feet were tingling and I was seeing things (in the corner of my eye) that weren't there. I did not feel good at all. Anyhow last night - I wasn't going to take my tab at all but then decided to take a half and today is a lot better - just a bit quesey and strange in the head (but that's to be expected with new meds). So phew, thank goodness I didn't get another day like yesterday - it sucked!

Luckily I have a nice doctor - who I rang in desperation yesterday (when I could) but she wasn't there, but she did ring today to see how I was going. She said that normally she would start someone on a 1/2 tablet but because I was on the other stuff (prothiadon) for so long she thought she'd get me straight onto a bigger dose - and said she'll know not to do that again. So I'm to take a 1/2 tab for 4 days and then go up to a whole tab.

So there you go. Your all up to date. Chow for now, Kim from Australia.

kim, its such a pain switchin medications isnt it :? I hate the withdrawal effects! I hope the new ones are working well for you now