Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

1.5mg of Clonazepam for 9 months

Hi there, I have been taking 1.5mg of Klonapin for a long time 9 months now and before that I have been taking low does every day...Just wanted to know if you can become dependant on such a low dose..It was prescribed for GAD. It doesnt work any more as I've taken it for a long time....on Wiki it says taking even low doses for a long time can be very bad for anxiety and depression...I suffer from GAD very badly..i need to get of it but hear it can take 6 months or longer..any ideas? ...many thanks

You need to consult your doctor in order to get off the Klonopin. You can taper in really tiny increments, and gradually decrease the dosage more and more until you're off it. I did this with my doc, and I was on Klonopin for 20 years. You can get off it, trust me. The important point with benzodiazepine withdrawal is to go as slow as you need to and take as long as you need to. It might take you 6 months or more to completely wean off, if that is your desire.

More importantly, since you are suffering so bad with anxiety, what are you going to do about it? Can you ask for a different medication? Not everyone responds well to all medications.

Do you know how to do any relaxation techniques? Can you try some self hypnosis? Can you read about panic attacks like Hope and Help for Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes? All this is good stuff and can help you too. Good luck!
    My
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    blog.