Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Biggest fear

Biggest fear

I would like to know what other people biggest fears are

My biggest fears are not being able to cope and having no one there for support (I dont have alot of support as I not in a relationship and have very friends and my family doesnt understand this) and people thinking that I am some kind of a weirdo. I know my condition really well now as I have itince the early nineties.I dont get panic attacks but I do have GAD/SP and when this gets bad I get depression.Its a bit like a snowball running down a hill(and it exactly like that) it gets bigger and bigger and then it just stops. But that snowball could be going for over a year. I am ok for a while and then it starts off again through some simple stressor. The only way the snowball can be stopped is to artifical stop with meds or just cut myself off from everything people and work and stay indoors (but this can take two months. But for as long as I have had this when I gripped by this the same old stuff returns. Am I getting something worse? Will I get so isolated that I will have to check myself into a hospital? Oh no I have to take meds again! People think I am odd? Could someone give me some advice on what CBT and how it works
    GAD and depression sufferer. Have come to this forum to learn more about my condition

biggest fear

hi!
    i just joined the forum. i have had to deal with social anxiety/social phobia since i was a child. i am 24 now and doing MUCH better but still have a few recurring episodes. i wanted to tell everyone on these forums about the Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety. This program is what freed me! I have recommended it to friends and they have all raved about the program. i can't recommend it enough! it deals with every type of anxiety and depression, is incredibly thurough.

anyway, my biggest fear is being alone now. ironic how i was alone all through middle school, highschool and most of college. i've had a boyfriend now for 7 months and he is going off to wyoming for 3.5 in a few weeks to work as a wilderness ranger. i am petrified of how hard this is going to be on me. he has been nothing but supportive but it concerns him when he sees me so inconsolable when i start to cry. i had a friend move to wyoming recently and when he told me he was leaving i was inconsolable too! this was a friend i barely saw! so, i guess my biggest fear is ending up alone, the way i used to live life. i can say that as now i have lots of friends who are always calling to see if i want to hang out, or go for a run.

i still find things a little tough sometimes and its very situational. like, i HATE talking on the telephone. i feel like i sound like such a fool. and so, i rarely answer it or answer messages people leave. i'm sure people think i'm very irresponsible and just rude. i cancel on people at the last minute a lot too--like, say, if i make plans with someone in the future, when the time finally comes to hang out, i often back out.

that's my biggest fear--ending up the way i used to be. i wish i could help everyone on these forums that i'm talking to because even though i still have a few hangups, they are tiny compared to how bad i used to be. i was agorophobic, had daily panic attacks and horrible self-esteem. i'm doing infinately better now! i graduated college and am working full time, ran my second 10K, and have lots of friends. i even went to New Zealand this summer with 45 strangers for 31 days! it was the best time of my life!

i can't wait to talk more with everyone here and get some advice and see if i can help someone else too.

i hope you're doing better and you're not in one of your down cycles. let me know if you need any help or just someone to listen.
    kelly elizabeth mercer