Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How I relieve my depression

Hi I will relate to you what works for me. I have had a lifelong problem with depression. That problem has now been totally solved for a nmuber of years by merely placing either hand or both, one hand is fine, in the same position as the fetus. I put it up near my chin or up like a boxer or like I am about to be in a fist fight or rest my elbow on anything or not, walk around , or not, just so my hand remains reasonably still with nothing in it , like a fetus does, There are also several other common fetal hand positions that have a comprable effect on me.

I reduce my depression by one half in an hour , all of it in a day. THis method doesnt work for me if Im near certain types of radiation, computer or monitor, cell phone, rradio, flat screen tv, or super near old style non flat screen tv's , like four feet or less, or if I smoke..

No precise position was necessary , since a fetus holds his hands in various positions, whatever is most comfortable, as long as one holds one or both hands are up, like at upper chest level and the the elbow can remain down by my side or resting on something and I holds it/them reasonably still. with nothing in the hand.

. I know a lot of people sleep in that position with their hands up and also get comfort from it so this is not a new concept but I was amazed to see its healing power on my depression.

It didnt matter what i did with my legs. And I could do it lying down too with my hand resting on my upper chest if I rolled my fingers in a very loose fist so that my whole palm didnt touch my chest,

So that has been my experience.

Steve Lord , Santa Barbara, Ca.

Re: How I relieve my depression

Quote Originally Posted by lockett
    Hi I will relate to you what works for me. I have had a lifelong problem with depression. That problem has now been totally solved for a nmuber of years by merely placing either hand or both, one hand is fine, in the same position as the fetus. I put it up near my chin or up like a boxer or like I am about to be in a fist fight or rest my elbow on anything or not, walk around , or not, just so my hand remains reasonably still with nothing in it , like a fetus does, There are also several other common fetal hand positions that have a comprable effect on me.

I reduce my depression by one half in an hour , all of it in a day. THis method doesnt work for me if Im near certain types of radiation, computer or monitor, cell phone, rradio, flat screen tv, or super near old style non flat screen tv's , like four feet or less, or if I smoke..

No precise position was necessary , since a fetus holds his hands in various positions, whatever is most comfortable, as long as one holds one or both hands are up, like at upper chest level and the the elbow can remain down by my side or resting on something and I holds it/them reasonably still. with nothing in the hand.

. I know a lot of people sleep in that position with their hands up and also get comfort from it so this is not a new concept but I was amazed to see its healing power on my depression.

It didnt matter what i did with my legs. And I could do it lying down too with my hand resting on my upper chest if I rolled my fingers in a very loose fist so that my whole palm didnt touch my chest,

So that has been my experience.

Steve Lord , Santa Barbara, Ca.
    IF you read the above within a half hour after I posted it, I edited it a few times to add sections in that first half hour.

Steve

Hi Steve

Thats pretty good advise, personally I use meditation to help me handle my depression, though that also doesn't work if im sitting near somethng with a high electrical output.

I think just taking the time to consciouslly unwind and remove stress from ourselves can have a massively positive effect on our day to day lives, especially for people who suffer from anxiety or depression.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by robrobin10
    Hi Steve

Thats pretty good advise, personally I use meditation to help me handle my depression, though that also doesn't work if im sitting near somethng with a high electrical output.

I think just taking the time to consciouslly unwind and remove stress from ourselves can have a massively positive effect on our day to day lives, especially for people who suffer from anxiety or depression.
    Hi,Robrobin, thanks, so give it a whirl and let me know if it works for you as strikingly as it does for me. for depression Or if it doesnt.

Steve LOrd

There are only 2 ways of getting relief is that you can get tough and start thinking positive or there is just one way and that is going to a Doctor before it gets worst. But I will suggest you to get to the physician and be cured.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ianpeterson
    There are only 2 ways of getting relief is that you can get tough and start thinking positive or there is just one way and that is going to a Doctor before it gets worst. But I will suggest you to get to the physician and be cured.
    Oh yeah, I hear those SSRI's are just peachy, lower sex drive, interference with higher level thinking and other side effects, and not total relief anyway. That was my experience too with the older style anti depressants and St John's Wort., that interference reduction in ability to do higher order thinking. My brother agrees.

Steve

Your style is much easier than Yoga, I should try it one of these days when my depression strikes back. I just want to add, try to talk to God if you are feeling depressed, tell him how you feel, everything you want to share to as friend. It really works.

Medication, natural supplements, meditation, deep breathing exercises, avoid alcohol & caffeine all help me. And along the 'natural supplements' lines lots of omega 3 fatty acids

Hi, I have read this post. Yoga is the best for our health. I have done my yoga teacher training course. Schedule is very important, when we are doing any type of workout and yoga also. yoga is the most benefit and feel fit or fine.

posting service[/url]

Tlhe resistance to any human being trying this has always amazed me.

STeve