Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hey everyone! Are drugs really effective?

Hey guys,

I have done some research in regards to drugs and herbs and have come to a conclusion.

Everything has a side effect of some sort. Some are more severe than others, but for the most part many of them can and will alter the way your body operates.

The sad thing is that you anxiety or panic attacks will never be cure through drugs or herbs, they just simply help you cope with the problem.

I found an interesting blog about this, check it out!

anxietynaturalremedies.blogspot(.)com

just remove the brackets ()
    Need Anxiety Relief?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When it comes to the effectiveness of drugs as a means of treating anxiety disorder, terms like 'spotty' and 'hit and miss' are quite appropriate. Some people simply swear by drugs like SSRIs, claiming that they saved their lives. But someone else taking the exact same drug that saved someone's life can end up in the seventh circle of hell. And while some people can get off these drugs relatively easily, others go through withdrawal that make heroin withdrawal seem easy in comparison (even if the taper is REALLY slow). This riskiness of antidepressant medications is THE reason why I don't think they should be the first thing you turn to.

The best option is water (especially energized water), thereafter followed by a protein complete in all amino acids,Royal Jelly,magnesium gluconate and essential fatty acids. Avoiding hydrogenated fats, saturated fats, aspartame and glutamate is encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by naturezone
    The best option is water (especially energized water), thereafter followed by a protein complete in all amino acids,Royal Jelly,magnesium gluconate and essential fatty acids. Avoiding hydrogenated fats, saturated fats, aspartame and glutamate is encouraged.

really? I haven't heard that one before. I'll take that into consideration!
    Need Anxiety Relief?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Even psychotherapy has potential side-effects. Talking about issues can be upsetting.

i definitely think alot of anxiety/panic/depression related illnesses can be lessened - if not diminished completely through your diet.
    coming from a fussy/anorexic person though, so i can't say it actually works ha. it is what i believe though. i don't think there is any need for drugs or even therapy.

put it this way - if some random therapist/psychiatrist and the likes can access your mind enough to change you then there is no doubt about the fact that you can.
    no body knows your own body and mind better than yourself!

i find i don't have the willpower or determination to tackle this problem though. i suppose i am taking the lazy option. i suppose it's alot easier to say 'ahh wey, its the therapist that failed me' if i haven't improved.

i know i still hold alot against my last CPN who fobbed me off!
    even my doctors don't understand this one though:
    my weight had plummeted so low, i could barely stay awake. my organs were on the verge of failing. she threatened to section me under the mental health act if i didn't agree to go into hospital off my own back.
    obviously i worried about my kids - so i came up with a solution of my parents looking after me. she ordered me and my parents to make sure i was bedbound for two weeks straight. i wasn't allowed to do anything!
    my weight picked up a bit, and i was no longer falling asleep. i was back in the safe zone. although still weak enough she thought home visits were needed. on my last session with her - at home - she said that she thought i was sorted now and she was going to discharge me! how in the world was i sorted after 2 weeks being bedbound??

it is because of her i feel the whole system failed me and have lost faith in the likes of any therapy. but i keep reminding myself that nobody can help me better than what i can help myself. i just need to find the willpower.

rant over! ha

Psych meds aren't a cure-all. But for people like myself, they're more than just a quick fix.

Why?

Because without meds, I wouldn't be surviving. Instead, I'd just be existing.