Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: house bound

He is on medcine, but he doesnt like it. For everytime he takes it, he is alseep for hours. He feels like he is a prisoner and I can see why. He says, I dont wanna take it because all I do is sleep, and its true, we can be on the phone, and it makes him sleep faster when he hears my voice, I guess that can be a good thing lol, but it turns into I am screaming in the phone to wake him up. He sees it as his "issue" to where I see it as him. What kind of doctor can I go to? An do I need to see if he wants to go to a doctor? I do not live with him yet, I am in the process of trying to! I am going to see him in a couple weeks, should I take him something, or just be me? Honeslty I am scared, but I love him. Thats why I guess I wanna know more.
    I know I don't have Agoraphobia, but the man of my life does, only I understand him, and I want to learn more. Help me.

Sonya

hi sonya what madication is your boyfreind on im on 20mgs of citalopram that dont make you sleep there r many others ouy there as well that will b ok his gp should b able to sort him out proply his gp will give him help with support groups he must tell is gp everything so he nows what med to put him on the anxiety it self makes you sleep our do you think he might have abit of depression with it as well somtimes i sleep in the afternoon and night as well he also needs to tell his gp the tablets r making him sleepy if you havnt got any children they givew you med like that to make you sleep to help you on your way to get better lisa

hi emily im feeling a bit rough today with this cold when you felt panicky did you want to run out of the shop i useally do cant b doing with it at all i often think y me why do i have tio have this thing it can totally wreck your life i know there r worse people with worse problems but when i have a attch i dont think about them just myself do you get them feelings as well what deos your boyfriend do when he knows your having a attack

Lisa,

I am not sure what medicine he is on, but right now his mom is putting alot of stess on him. She know he has it, but she doesntg care, she is trying to kick him out, and he knows he wont be able to make it on his own, he says I am safe, and I didnt know what that meant until lately. We have tryed to get her to read more on it and she doesnt seem to care. She thinks he is using it for an excuse because he cant get a job, he hates himself and feels trapped, please help me.. I am lost an confused.... I want to help him.. and his mom wont take him to a gp or even group support....
    I know I don't have Agoraphobia, but the man of my life does, only I understand him, and I want to learn more. Help me.

Sonya

hi sonya i cant belive his mum is kicking out why is she dont she care about him thats really horrible 4 him i bet thhats not helping him very much is there any chance you could go with him it might be better that way then you can always sreak to the dr as well tell hoim what you have seen him go through it muswt b alfull 4 him not having support from his own family you go to his gp with him sonya tell your side im sure his gp will help also you can get support number numbers of the web as well if you go in to the drs there are loads of leafets 4 mental heath and stuff it might b helpfull to pick some up i think there r support numbers in there of local groups i hope this helps you sonya he needs help if hes getting that much pressure of his mum lisax

Hello Lisa!

I haven't been on the forum for a few days now - had 2 REALLY HORRIBLE days - i think the incident in Blockbuster has had a knock on effet! I really HATE it!! I spent the day in bed because i was that fed up - i was nausea, feeling wobbly and giddy, irritable, scared! My boyf finished work early yesterday and we went to Tesco for a big food shop - i really didn't want to go! In the car park i felt paralysed, as if to scared to leave the car and then as we entered Tesco i realised everything had changed and moved around which added to my confusion! I got angry and upset as i struggled picking veg, why couldn't i be happy and o.k. like the people around me. I started to panic and we whizzed around the shop!! My boyf can tell when i'm getting stressed and panicking, or as was the case in Blockbuster, i shouted for him across the shop!! i'm sorry to be grumbling today but i'm just fed up with these constant anxious feelings!

hope your cold is better and you have had a few better days than me!
    em x x

Lisa,
    I know I have not written in a few days. But things have just happened. I am leaving today at 4pm, to make the 1,400 mile trip to go see Chris. His mom is not being nice to him. She gave him two options, either he can go get a job, or he goes in the hospital, otherwise, at the end of the month, shes kicking him out. She refuses to read forums like this, she says why does she need to read what other people wrote, he had her read information, and I dont understand it, but she refuses to believe anything, she thinks with medicine it can be cured. I know all I can give him is my time, and love, and its all he has from me. But I DO NOT UNDERSTAND, this woman who calls herself a mother. How can you refuse to listen to your own child. I set back and I listen to her, and it drives me mad. What shall I do? I dont have a place of my own yet, so we cant live together, I am bout to live in my car for 3 weeks for him, just so I can see him. But I need to know, I just need to know, is there anything I can do to help her, WHY DOES SHE REFUSE, she thinks he uses it as an excuse, and I know he doesnt. Please help me Lisa, this is hard.....

Sonya

Sonya

hi emily not feeling to good then im ok felt better today i now what you feel like it gets me down really bad i think why me why do i have to have these attacks when i went 4 a walk with my husband last time i havnt been out since not really felt like it at all has your boyf tryed to make you feel any better i shout at my husband if im abnxiuos all voices irritate me dead bvad sometimes my hubby cant help me i have to do it on my own it gets on my nerves why i have to suffer with this it dont sound like you have had a brill time either emily we just have to cope with it best we can dont we lisax

hi sonya things dont sound very good at all it cant be nice what your boyf is going through with his mum not beliving him and hes just usinfg it 4 an excuse have you had a word with his mum at all ? what did you say your going to sleep in the car with him i would do somthing like that as well if i was in your shoes his mum dont sound a very nice person at all take my advise and go with him to the dr get him some proff help i now you are doing all you can but with what he is suffering with plus his mum getting on to him witch cant b helping matters the dr will help mhim before he gets any worse when r u going to c him

lisa, had a better few days, just very tired. yeah, i shout at my boyf, just get very angry and fed up. he's very understanding and does alot for me but i just want to feel normal and live my life. i wish i could just shake all the anxiety, etc out of me! i know we have to cope as best we can but it can be hard can't it? emily x