Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: house bound

yes i set oals all the time weather i stick to the goals is a diffrent matter your boyfriend sounds very nice hes trying to keep you positive in your thoughts making goals for you but im afraid unless you have hads a taste of whats its like they dont no what you have to go through on a day to day basis my husband dint no what was wrong with me to start with but now hes very understanding and caring ive known him 19years been married 8 of them this august i have a staffy shes lovley her name is lolai had a staffy before her name buster he deid at 11years old through cancer it broke my heart losing him then dad got me lola somebody was selling her for drugs dad got yher for me she was 10months old now shes 2 and brillant they got her for me when i was really poorly where abouts are you from emily if you dont mind me asking

hi!
    i live in sheffield, england . . . . . . . . i've noticed that alot of people who use this site are american. where do you live?

my best friend has just got a staffy, he's 4 months old, and a monster . . . . . . . . i imagine it's because he's a pup, just mischievous! my boyf keeps promising me that when we move to a bigger place he'll get me a dog then.

hi emily my sister in law lives in sheffield as well i go and visit her sometimes if you do have a bigger house what dog will you have i love staffies ?i live in ilkeston i love it hear my husbandf took me on a walk this morning i dint feel like going first 5 minutes was ok then i had bad attacks all the way back home it takes me most of the day to get myself back to normall do you feel like that when you leave the house?

hello lisa.

is ilkeston in derbyshire? i like living in sheffield, it's nice to be near the peak district. i often go to ladybower reservoir where it's quiet and no body about. we had snow yesterday and it looks lovely this morning. my boyfriend and i had a walk in the snow last night, i usually feel very lightheaded and faint with the anticipation of going out, this worsens depending on my reasons for going out. i prefer to go out when it's dark as i'm not likely to bump into many people!! it's very peaceful and nice where i live in sheffield, there's a little village 5 mins walk down the road. if i have to go to the shops on my own i listen to my walkman, that really helps, i focus on the music rather than on how i'm feeling. maybe you should try that? if i have a bad moment whilst i am out, it scares me and it takes a while for me to come round. in the beginning, i'd go to bed and sleep, now i can just sit quietly and it eventually passes. i have spent so long focusing on these horrible feelings, the slightest thing can upset me. my worst feeling is faintness, i get so tense i feel awful. if i could switch my brain off from constantly thinking about these feelings i'm sure i'd be o.k.!!

i'd love a miniature schnauzer. they are lovely dogs. and it would bring me lots of happinness.

i hope you have had a better day today. as it's the weekend my boyf is off work, it's nice to have him about but i feel funny, my routine gets disrupted! sounds funny really!

emily x x

Hi,

Well, I do not have Agoraphobia, but my boyfriend does. His parents do not understand, and it hurts me to see this, I am trying to help him but I feel helpless. He says no one understands, but I do, I want to take care of him and care for him, can you help me in this, all I want to do is help him, I give him my time, and love, what else can I do for him?? Please help me.

Sonya[/quote]
    I know I don't have Agoraphobia, but the man of my life does, only I understand him, and I want to learn more. Help me.

Sonya

:roll: hi sonya its very hard nowing what to do for a person with agrophobia ive had it off and on for many years so i now whats its like my husband was in the same persition as you at 1 point it was very hard 4 him to understand to now what to dois he seeing any 1 like a dr deos he suffer from panic attacks or deos he have any phobias i think your doing very well your support is good enough even though it dont show is he on medication at all i bet you feel like your hands are tied round your back i had to go and get proffesional help i dont go out much now if hes not cing anybody tell him to go and get some help there r many support groups lisa

hi emily nicde to hear from you again i dont no what them types of dogs are really they sound lovley my sister in law said there snow is queit thick in sheffield she rang me yesterday and told mecant say good day either today colded up or its some type of virus i allways manage to catch somthing how have you felt today lisa

Lisa Marie,
    Thank you for answering, you know I have some anxiety attacks, because of things that happened when I was younger, but its not the same. All I can do is give him time, and all the love I can, but it seems so hard at time. I dont live in same area as him, an it hurts me knowing I cant do anything, I feel so helpless, for weeks I have been reading on it. I wanna know more? What can you help me with ?

Sonya
    I know I don't have Agoraphobia, but the man of my life does, only I understand him, and I want to learn more. Help me.

Sonya

hi lisa!

i didn't have such a good afternoon yesterday. the day started off well then by the afternoon i was really restless. my boyf and i decided to watch a dvd, i really didn't want to go the shop to get one but did. for the first few moments i was fine, then started panicking because i couldn't find the dvd i wanted, then all of a sudden i realised i was surrounded by people, i went hot, dizzy, had a flash of panic and went disorientated. it was horrible. of course it left me feeling edgy for the rest of the evening. i hate it!!!
    bblleeeuurrrgghhh!!

yeah, we've had some more snow over night, i like it when it snows!

i had a cold not so long ago, it makes things feel 100 times worse. i hope you are feeling better today.

em x x

Hi Sonya!

As Lisa has said, he needs your support and a trip to the Drs is advisable. Is he on medication or receiving any other professional help?

At first my boyf found it really hrad to understand what i was going through but his support and care has meant so much to me. That really does count for a lot.

em82 x