Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

lorazepam

Ativan(Lorazepam) is the undisputed champ as far as I'm concerned.
    Coffee is for Closers

Re: Medication

hello.

My anxiety and panic attacks were directly related to blood sugar swings.

One of the primary remedies was to eat high quality foods frequently.

improve our health.

marihuana seeds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

posting service[/url]

medication

Quote Originally Posted by mhdwjw
    Effexor did not help me at all, in fact made things worse for me. too many side effects and it increased my anxiety. Xanax is fantastic cos its fast acting during an attack but is addictive. I have just started zoloft.
    When I took effexor, it was horrible. I suddenly started like my body was constantly being set on fire, and then put out, it lasted a long time. I ended up in the ER, they said I was having a side effect, and hooked my up to all the bells and whistles for around 4 to 6 hours. I was also given an injection of valum for anxiety. I never touched it after that.

Effexor was a life saver for me!! Too it for 1o years..I am now withdrawing from it, over 3 month course..two days now without any, the worse part is now not having any. The other decreases in intake weren't as bad..we shall see. I akso have xanax in case I feel nervous or a panic atack coming on. But everyone is different..my sister couldn't take effexor.

for me the sych set this up: xanix for immediate solving,fluoxetine taken daily for long run

I've found that antidepressants can work well for a while, but the positive effects tend to wear off on me after a time. My first was Celexa, which helped a good deal, then I tried Prozac for 3 days, which had me running on the walls, so I stopped that. I've been on Zoloft for quite awhile, but that stopped working as well. At this point I'm just now getting back on Celexa to see if that'll help again... Sometimes I feel like I'm only still taking these things to keep from having withdrawal!

Benzos, specifically Kloninpin (Clonazepam) help a great deal, but I've found that they only cover up the problem, and when it wears off you tend to crave the relief to the point where you'll try to take them every day in every situation, then tolerance builds and you've become physically (sometimes even mentally) addicted, so I've chosen not to use benzos at all.

The most helpful thing I've taken, and still taking, would be Tenormin (Atenolol), a beta blocker that regulates the heart rate and blocks off the flow of adrenaline for the most part. It relieves most of the worst symptoms like rapid heartbeat (COMPLETELY!), shaking, and hyperventilation. I had a panic attack while taking this stuff, and I don't think my heart rate ever even hit 90, so it's obviously VERY effective. It helps me sleep too, with little to no side effects. It can make me drowsy at times, and OCCASIONALLY I might get slightly dizzy for a moment, but that's about it.

One other thing I've tried was an herb called Kava Kava, after reading about it's effects for anxiety, and the fact that it effects the same part of the brain (the GABA) as a benzo, only without the addiction. The Kava seemed to work quite well, and the stuff had such potent pain relieve, the worst migraine could be relieved in 3 gulps of the stuff. I haven't been able to use it again, but I think I could recommend just about anyone to give it a try once or twice. It could be something to use in those tough times or to help with sleep. Like all things though, we must use in moderation!

Out of everything I've had, the Tenormin has to be the ultimate anxiety helper. I only wish I'd found it sooner, so that some of those bad times could've been relieved and forgotten without effort. I recommend ANYONE with anxiety issues, palpitations, racing hearts, hyperventilation, shaking, etc. to talk to their doctor about this medicine, because I believe it can REALLY help!

Good luck to all with their fears, and know that God has plans for each and every one of us!
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

From the Bible.

Re: What is the BEST medication you've taken for anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious
    Name your top drug of choice that have given you the best results.
    I would recommend Stablon Generic Tianeptine.
    Generic Stablon Tianeptine is a medication to reduce anxiety and depression. Stablon Tianeptine with excellent safety profile improves the availability of the calming neurotransmitter serotonin and increases absorption of our body - the important neurotransmitter serotonin – that helps to normalize mood.

Generic Stablon Tianeptine appears to be more effective than other anxiety medications in improving associated anxiety in patients with depressive disorders.

Generic Stablon works in a novel way and appears to create fewer side effects than other anti-depression medicines and less likelihood of interactions with other drugs. In particular, Generic Stablon is not known to interfere with the sexual appetite and does not result in drowsiness in the most of the cases. Stablon is available at emedoutlet with15% discount coupon 5234E and Free Shipping with code 4848B.

I have read many times in some article that medication can only relieve some symptoms of anxiety and requires non-drug treatments to overcome anxieties for good. Medications have side effects including the risk of addiction. It needs major changes in lifestyle to make a difference in anxiety levels which includes healthy diet, regular exercise and adequate rest/sleep. Start with lifestyle!

and take control of your life!

Re: What is the BEST medication you've taken for anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious
    Name your top drug of choice that have given you the best results.
    Stablon Generic Tianeptine worked best for me.
    Generic Stablon Tianeptine is a medication to reduce anxiety and depression. Stablon Tianeptine with excellent safety profile improves the availability of the calming neurotransmitter serotonin and increases absorption of our body - the important neurotransmitter serotonin – that helps to normalize mood.

Generic Stablon Tianeptine appears to be more effective than other anxiety medications in improving associated anxiety in patients with depressive disorders.

Generic Stablon works in a novel way and appears to create fewer side effects than other anti-depression medicines and less likelihood of interactions with other drugs. In particular, Generic Stablon is not known to interfere with the sexual appetite and does not result in drowsiness in the most of the cases.

It has been recommended that it may be mostly appropriate for aged patients and for those having alcohol withdrawal problem, as these patients tend to be more sensitive to the effects of psychotropic drugs. Recent study now suggests that Generic Stablon is also prescribed to treat asthma and found effective. Stablon is available at emedoutlet with discount coupon code 5234E and Free Shipping with code 4848B.

Clonazepam... by far,,