Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What is the BEST medication you've taken for anxiety?

Name your top drug of choice that have given you the best results.

Honestly a drug will only cover up the issue. It is best that you talk about it and expression yourself with someone to open your eyes up about what you are truly feeling. Talking with people about the instances that make you feel anxious will if you choose to listen to what you say and conceptualize what is going on, will you truly learn to diminish your anxiety without drugs or medication.. Believe me it will be the best way to go about it. I would be very careful with medications. Don't give your brain the easy way out like that when their is a far better solution. YOu just have to work for it. Be true with yourself.

It's not a drug, it's FOOD!

My anxiety and panic attacks were directly related to blood sugar swings. One of the primary remedies was to eat high quality foods frequently. Oh, darn!

Jen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    is my blog where I share all my ups and downs. My ebook is at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    - how I crawled out of living hell!

Zoloft, it saved my life!

Paxil, clonazepam (as needed).
    GAD, panic disorder, slight depression

Current Meds: 40mg Paxil, 2 mg Clonazepam as needed, 100mg Trazodone for sleep

Buspirone 20mg 3x a day and lorazepam when having a panic attack.
    I am a married and a mother of one. I am a chronic worrier.

It's hard to say I have taken so many and never felt that any of them were much better than others.
    Paxil - first time I took it it was a miracle: decreased social anxiety, felt "even" and relaxed, happy. Trying it again now and it's not working like it did.

Others tried: Zoloft, Effexor, Lexapro, Klonapin, Celexa, Wellbutrin-(WORST FOR ANXIETY, provoked dizziness and panic attacks), trazodone... probably more but I can't remember.

Xanax works some for me but I only take .25 mg occaisonally. I probably should try it just scheduled 3 times a day but I am so freaking TIRED already that I am afraid to.

I take Halcion for sleep at night but 70% of the time it doesn't help anymore.

Effexor did not help me at all, in fact made things worse for me. too many side effects and it increased my anxiety. Xanax is fantastic cos its fast acting during an attack but is addictive. I have just started zoloft.

Was on Effexor but had to get off of it due to brain zaps. Wellbutrin made me dizzy and black out. SO I went back to Prozac and after awhile it seemed to not have much an effect on me. Ive recently got off all of SSRI's and is currently taking St Johns Wort..not only cheaper but you dont need a prescription for it and it doesnt have the severe side effects of other medications.

Friend .....must try Lexapro along with Risperal

Well...I tried so many drugs such as Zoloft,Paxil,Effexor XR,Serenace,Aripip but none of them improved my condition till the doctor prescribed me Lexapro along with Risperdal.It showed miracles.