Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Doctor will not refill Lorazepam after being on it 3 years

I went to my family practice today to my 6 month check up and refills. I saw a PA that I had never seen before and she said she would refill all of my prescriptions. I got up to the front to check out and she had written all of my prescriptions except for the Lorazepam. One of the doctors from this family practice upped my persrcription last August and I have been taking lorazepam 1mg one to two times a day as needed for the past year. Before that I was taking 0.5mg twice daily for two years. The PA would not give me any reason why she would not refill and had the lady at the desk relaying messages to me telling me no no no sorry. The doctor that I normally saw no longer works there. Well I am out of pills and they are basically making me quit cold turkey. Is this even safe??? I have read about all kinds of terrible withdrawl symptoms and I do not want to go through all of that.
    I thought you were supposed to slowly taper off of this stuff???

bump

bump....i am going to a different doctor today do you think they will say the same thing?

wow

Um yea I mean u have been on it for that long I don't know why she would do that but if it was me I would report her that's dangerous
    The only way round is through.

Benzodiazepine withdrawal can be deadly.