Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    wow, i am so so glad i found this forum, it is amazing and such a massive help knowing that im not the only person who feels the way im feeling!

Just want to say a big thankyou for bringing amino acids to our attention. I suffered from anxiety afew years ago due to being on the pill and for some reason it has reared its ugly head again these past few months. Ive been taking vitamin B, omega capsules and evening primrose oil, which help a bit, and 5HTP which sometimes seems to be doing something and at others nothing at all. Anyway, id never heard of the link between amino acids and anxiety but have just been out to buy some, along with some magnesium tablets. I couldnt get magnesium chloride, i hope just normal magnesium is okay, they say its magnesium oxide in them.

im keeping my fingers crossed that they will help. Thank you again!

Hanino

Thank you for your quick reply. I am going to the GNC store in the morning and will get started. As you, I am taking a multi B vitamin but I feel I'm still missing something as the anxiety still rules me :unsure: . If I could get anything that would just take some of the anxiety away it would be so welcomed. Thank You for taking the time to share what has worked so well for you. I will keep you posted on how things are going.

Take Care..

Anmaree
    One day at a time..

Quote Originally Posted by freiheit
    Hi,

Firstly, thanks so much for sharing your cure. I read this thread yesterday and went out first thing this morning to get the various "ingredients." I only have one small problem. I absolutely CAN NOT swallow the Amino Fuel. I took one tablespoon and starting gagging and well...it wasn't pretty. There's no way I'm going to be able to take all 3 tablespoons, and I'm not even sure if I can take anymore at all. It was that bad. Do you have any ideas for what I could do? Thanks!

-Freiheit

edit: also, is it normal that my pee is a really bright yellow, like lemon lime gatorade? (sorry to be so descriptive)
    lol yes, your pee will turn radioactive... i think its just excess vitamin B being flushed out.

also, i got my amino acids in capsule form. they dont really have a taste, but they are quite large capsules. so if you do end up getting them make sure you have a lot of liquid in your mouth when swallowing them... otherwise maybe you can mix the tablespoons of amino fuel in a glass of orange juice so the taste will be better?

Well my Amino Fuel and L Glutamine powder arrived today, and I just went down to the local chemist and purchased some magnesium.

The Amino Fuel tastes terrible :P I struggled a bit to get it down but if it makes me better its worth it. Anyway will report how I feel over the coming days,

Cheers

First Day!

Hello,

I've been on Xanax for the past 3 years since my dad passed away. The doc prescribed the .25mg three times a day. I only take half of that and only when i can't control it on my own. The past three weeks have been horrible. Where before I'd have one or two symptoms now I have a five or six. I go to bed with it and it starts again 30 minutes after waking up!

After reading all these posts I went to my local GNC which amazingly was closed at 10:30am. I crossed the street to Rite Aid and got myself Nature's Bounty Magnesium and Amino Fuel 1000 in pill form. The Amino bottle says to take 4 with each meal. That seems to be a huge amount!

Hope this works, I have a very difficult anatomy boards exam a month from now!
    Corina

thanks snufkin =) i got the pills and that's going to work much better for me.

I can't believe the progress I've seen in my anxiety. I'm only on day 3, but I don't *feel* anxious. I'm not dizzy, my hands aren't shaking, no brain fog, chest isn't tight, and I drove at night yesterday for the first time in 4 MONTHS because I wasn't afraid of being dizzy! And even more proof...my resting pulse has been between 95-105 for the past year. I took my pulse various times throughout the day today and it was between 77-83. I started CRYING because I just couldn't believe it! I actually have hope now. I want to go do things with my friends, not just stay at home in fear.

Hanino, I love you. I can't even put into words the relief and happiness you've given me. I've broken down in tears twice today out of sheer joy. I feel like I can get my life back now! I can't wait to see how I continue to improve.

Everyone, try this NOW!!!

Well I'm goin for it. I found some Amino Fuel today and I'm starting to take 250MG of Magnesium.

I hate to sound like a newby. This anxiety thing is kind of a new thing. In being told by te doctor what it was it makes all the minor symptoms I have had the last 7 years all make sence. I always thought that something else was going on. Real Anxiety really found it's place with me know.

Well I'll also post to see how I feel. I'm also Taking a Daily Vitamin and a B12 supplement.. This isn't to much stuff is it???

Amino acids, Magnesim, Daily viramin, and B12...

Thanks for the post Hanino...

Freiheit

Thank you that’s touching, I’m glad to help all I can. If you need me call I'll be here for you.

I’m glad to hear you feel better already. It’s amazing huh? I’m still amazed after a year now that something so simple fixed a 12-year problem. I believe your symptoms are going away fast mine were much better in 3 days, in two weeks I was 100% better and in one month I was 1000% better, anxiety free. It takes a little time to take full effect so just hang in there.

If you guys can’t swallow the amino fuel try holding your nose that might help it go down easier. If the Amino pills are too big crush them up mix them in a little water and drink them down. It’s okay to mix it with OJ but I would use as little as possible, you want it to digest and absorb as quick as possible. When I stared taking Aminos and Magnesium I took them first thing out of bed on an empty tummy with as little water as it took to get it down. If yall can afford it get L-Glutamine powder too. Pineapple slices are good for digesting protein they aide in digestion which is extracting the Aminos from the protein, again you want it to digest and absorb as quick as possible. Speaking of digestion that GNC Multi Mineral has Betaine Hydrochloride in it, (it makes the tummy produce digestive enzymes) which is prescribed by Doctors for people with digestion problems so it might be warranted for some of you, I take it just for the mineral content and wow does it work, they are big I can’t swallow them I have to crush them and drink with a little milk but it’s worth it.

Sentoria

I’m sorry to hear about your dad, the loss of a loved one can be very stressing. Don’t mix the Aminos with the Xanax if you do it may not work so well. When you get the Aminos and Magnesium flowing your concentration will be at an all time high for your anatomy boards exam.

Good Luck

hesson81

It's okay to be a nooby....

A B Multi Vitamin will work better than just a B 12. The Amino Fuel has most the B vitamins in it so a B Multi is not required but you can take one if you like but please take as directed more is not better so be patient with it.

Kattchi, Anmaree, Snufkin, DMS87, sentoria, freiheit hesson81

I’m happy for you guys you stand a very good chance of getting better.

If I missed any of your questions, which I’m sure I did feel free to ask again..

Let me know how you are doing….

Hanino

Links….

GNC Multi Mega Minerals
    http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133415

TWINLAB AMINO FUEL
    http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133528

GNC Vitamin B-Complex 50
    http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133317

GNC Solotron Multivitamin
    http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133425

GNC Pro Performance L-Glutamine
    http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?pr ... cp=2102385

Interesting to know how well this has come on with so many possitive feed backs.

I only had 2 days of trying this but had to stop due to my medication, im coming off my meds soon because they just dont help me at all.

Can i just ask before i go back to the program, can i use normal Magnesium? I cannot find Magnesium Chloride for love nor money it just doesnt exsist in the UK

Anyway i suffer mainly from De-realisation (brian fog) and wanted to give this a try.

Will post some updates once im back into it fully.

Coops

I believe the most common type of Magnesium is Magnesium Oxide, It will work too. Here in the US the only place I've found Magnesium Chloride is in a pharmacy without a prescription.

I have been taking a Multi Mineral that I really like it works great. The link below is not the Multi Mineral I take but it looks to be even better.

Have a look at the Ingredients, Amount per serving and the % Daily Value. If you can find one that has all those Ingredients you would be doing well..!!

A B Multi Vitamin would be a good idea too....

Hanino

www.nutraceutical.com/search/view_produ ... ex=8724204