Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

I debated

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    All this is placebo effect, no mangnesium or vitamin cure anything they may help, but if you have a good diet you should not have deficiency
    I debated if I should even post that or not. I did not want to send 50 people into an anxiety attack but I also felt compelled to post it because I know where the study was done and it is not a fly by night place. I myself only take vitamin D3 because I do not get enough sun, almost zero in the winter time. I have no windows in my office and I leave when it's dark and get home when it's dark. I was just googling some of the info that was on that thread to see if there was any other research on it. Shit, I hope i did not upset a bunch of people. Just thought I was helping.

Man, pretty much everything has been linked to cancer by now. Until there is a direct link between the two then I wouldn't worry too much about it - not that there is anything wrong with posting a link to different information, it is good for people to be informed.

I have just taken my second magnesium tablet of the day (turns out I had a virus which is why I got shaky last time - just really bad timing,) so I will see if this does indeed help my mood. I am sceptical so I doubt there will be any placebo effect.

John vitamine d3 is the only one I take, and I cut it down cause I am getting out more. I am trying to say that big pharma pays for the research and if it is not in their favor they kill it..

I agree 100% with you on that. I actually have a strong dislike for the pharmacological crap myself. They do have some I have needed at times ( Xanax when needed ). Chantix right now. I managed to get off the paxil after a very long time. Doc. say's my testosterone is way low and should be on a testosterone replacement. Way to much money! I'll just keep randomly crying over really stupid shit. I guess I am going through Man-O-Pause. LOL

John if you looking for advice use the natural testerone some plants deliver it to the body. Do you not let the f*****ng doc to put you on hormon teraphy. It does more harm that benefit.
    With the magnesium all the propaganda sounds to good for me.

Not happening, No way in hell my family can afford it anyhow. However I must admit that when a live off the land, kill and butcher my own food, Harvest my own crops kind a guy cries at stuff like a comedy called my cousin vinnie is very demasculating for lack of a better word. No worries though, it's allergy season. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by tayloraine View Post
    What mg did you take, and are you on any other supplements or medications? It could just be an interaction issue. Everything I've heard/read indicates that magnesium is safe, and that if you take too much at once your body will let you know (I've only heard of people getting tummy troubles, but shakiness/dizziness could be an indicator too I suppose).

Also, for anyone who's interested: I've been on this regimen now (30 mL Amino Fuel, 1 tsp glutamine powder, and 250 mg magnesium in the morning and another right before bed) since November, and I feel 99.99% back to my old self. In fact, the only reason I feel like it's not 100% is because I simply have the memory of the panic attacks--kind of a PTSD thing, I suppose--and occasionally I get little mild twinges of anxiety, which makes me paranoid another episode will happen. But it never does.

I was able to plan my wedding and get married--and the only stress I felt was normal wedding stress. No anxiety attacks, no depression. I actually had FUN planning, and our wedding day was everything I could have possibly imagined and more (last year I was dreading it, thinking for sure I'd be in full-blown panic mode the entire day). I'm now enjoying life with my new husband and our wonderful daughter. I have my life back, and it's even better now because I appreciate every day so much more.

To anyone reading who's debating trying this--if you aren't on any meds (I think you have to be off them at least six weeks), do the regimen. Give it a month--though I felt the difference immediately--and I'm positive you'll see enough improvement to want to stick with it.

I'm also exercising now (p90x3, which is awesome considering I'm a total couch potato) and that's helped a lot as well. I actually feel *better* than before my anxiety even started, before I even took the Abilify that messed me up in the first place.

I'm almost at the six-month mark at which Hanino, the OP, cut down his dosages to every other day (and I believe, eventually, a couple times a week)--I haven't decided yet how or if I'll cut back my own doses, but I'll keep updating as often as I can, for others who come across this thread. It helped me so much and I would be remiss to not pay it forward.

Best of luck to everyone,
    Taylor

Hi,What amino fuel did you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanino View Post
    I renamed this post Amino Acids and Magnesium cured my Anxiety to clear up any confusion.

I suffered with anxiety for 12 years. My doctor told me I had GAD and panic attacks. I had all the usual symptoms, I don’t want to list them all here but if it was anxiety related I had it as you can imagine of suffering for 12 years. My doctor gave me the usual gamut of meds some worked while others didn’t the meds that worked didn’t work for long so it was on to the next pill. Therapy didn’t help either it was either listening to people talk about the same thing I was experiencing or it was my doctor just basically asking me how I felt and writing it all down and giving me ides on ways on how to deal with it. I got fed up with meds so I stopped taking them all together. I knew there had to be an answer to my conditions. So I went to the Internet to get answers. I ran across a page that talked about the Mind, Anxiety and Serotonin (published by a few Doctors and Researchers) and the use of Amino Acid for anxiety (I remembered learning about AAs in 9th grade they are the building blocks of proteins), which started to clue me in. So I started searching for Mental Health and Amino Acid I found another page that talked about Amino Acid and Magnesium Chloride, viola I found my answer to my anxiety problems, 5 minutes later I was at my local health food store buying some Amino Acid and Magnesium. When I started taking the Amino Acid and Magnesium it didn’t take long to be free from anxiety. I was better in two weeks and that’s been 11 months ago so I have been completely anxiety free for almost a year now. From what I have read most people have a Magnesium deficiency not to mention other vitamins and minerals deficiencies from which a whole host of problems can arise from. I took the Amino Acids and Magnesium once a day for 6 months now I take it once or twice a week. The particular Amino Acids that I take have most of the B vitamins in it, the B vitamins are needed for a few of the Amino Acids to Cross the Blood Brain Barrier and vica versa. There are two things that the brain uses as fuel for energy one is Sugar and the other is L Glutamine. Anyone interested in this Google mental health and Amino Acid and mental health and Magnesium. Amino Acids are absolutely essential for proper brain function without them the brain breaks down and the rest of the body as well, that’s why there is so much bodily pain associated with anxiety. Thanks for reading, if you would like info on the stuff that I take feel free to message me

This is also good for Panic Attacks Depression and PTSD

Best Regards Hanino..
    Hi i Have severe palpitations and confusion and always cry.I have haerniated disk and sciatica. Dr prescribed painkiller and flexiril as MR, Can I take amino acids and magnesium,if Okay what type and brand? Please help me I am confused

Amino acid - pill or fuel could somebody help??????????

Quote Originally Posted by kthotti View Post
    Hi,What amino fuel did you take?
    Hi I use twinlabs amino fuel lean muscle formula. it's a liquid, and very thick. the OP said they expect the liquid works better than pills for absorption reasons. fair warning: the liquid does not taste that great, haha. i prefer the orange flavor to the berry, personally.