Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    I would like to ask what kind of Magnesium is good? Can i take only Magnesium or does it need to be mixed with calcium or vitamin b to be effective?

Thanks!!!

Everything takes so long to get here. I'm from California by the way, but living in Shanghai.

This is the Amino Acid Mix I bought. It says on the label:

"Amino acid is the vital element essential for human body. This product has plenty of amino acids (including eight amino acids unable to be automatically composed by human body).It is made from advanced technique, with scientific ingredient proportion according to FAO/WHO standard, and it is beneficial for people’s health."

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitarist
    I would like to ask what kind of Magnesium is good? Can i take only Magnesium or does it need to be mixed with calcium or vitamin b to be effective?

Thanks!!!
    magnesium chloride is recommended here, but other forms like magnesium citrate or chelate are ok

Quote Originally Posted by JerJer
    Everything takes so long to get here. I'm from California by the way, but living in Shanghai.

This is the Amino Acid Mix I bought. It says on the label:

"Amino acid is the vital element essential for human body. This product has plenty of amino acids (including eight amino acids unable to be automatically composed by human body).It is made from advanced technique, with scientific ingredient proportion according to FAO/WHO standard, and it is beneficial for people’s health."

What do you guys think?
    I guess it's ok. anyway, could you find a good form of Royal Jelly over there? It's full of amino acids and it works wonders.

I just discovered there's a GNC here so I'll go check it out. It seems from what I been reading that Magnesium Citrate is the best form, but there seems to be debate about this. I also read that Magnesium Oxide only 4% gets absorbed according to 1 study. But then again, with the B vitamins and Aminos, Vitamen D maybe mire is absorbed.

It is Day 4 or 5 and I really feel a hell of a lot better! This is weird! I feel so much better its unreal. Can it really be this combo of supplements? I was out today on a crowded subway totally at peace, climbing stairs and cruising around feeling pretty normal. I have been doing some anxiety mind work as well, but I think these supplements are the key.

If this is true, then this is the greatest scientific discovery ever!

that's great news!

I'm taking ot for 2 weeks and I'm slowly getting better. I have put weight which is also a goal.
    good luck for us all!

Jerjer, what are the exact brands you're taking?

What I have been taking-

I went from scared to leave my home, and freaked out about people, frozen in fear, and a massive 2 hour panic attack so bad I ended up in the ER, to feeling like I can never have a panic attack again in a matter of days. Now remember, I only felt this way for a few weeks. I have had anxiety and panic attacks for years, but they were only once in a while. It wasn't happening every day until recently. I may have something different form other people. I don't feel perfectly healthy or 100% better, but I feel a hell of a lot better. I will keep you updated.

I also bought the book Panic Away, advertised on this site, and used his techniques which seemed to help. He teaches you to go to the panic attack and demand more, rather than running. I was doing that throughout the day.

I am in Shanghai right now, so I was taking probably inferior stuff. The Amino Acids was some brand that didn't even list the Amino Acids. This is what I am taking every morning upon rising, 30 minutes before breakfast:

Amino Aicds by Nourish sh-bst dot com 2 pills

2 pills of Calcium Magnesium Plus Zinc by Rich Life-
    2 pills contain:
    Calcium 1000 mg
    Magnesium Oxide 500 mg
    Zinc 25 mg
    Vitamin D3 200 IU
    Betaine HCL 100 mg
    L Glutamic Acid HCL 80 mg

It was all I could find here. The product is made in the USA incidentally.

Vitamin B Complex by Libeibei 1 pill

Non Acidic Enzyme Activated Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate) 1 gram in the morning but also 1 gram with dinner

Wild Salmon Fish oil 2 pills with every meal for heart health and because I rarely eat seafood

Milk Thistle Extract 2 times per day for liver and blood detox

Also a food based multivitamin that has Magnesium citrate in it.

I am looking for a better Magnesium as it seems that Magnesium Oxide has the least availability, but it seems to work. I think with the aminos, Vitamin D and B vitamins it gets absorbed better.

My guess is that from stress, worrying, drinking more than I should, partying, staying up late, lack of sleep, environmental pollution, I depleted my Magnesium stores.

that's great hope it keeps working for you

Working very slowly for me, but i'm taking very low doses, i'm very sensitive to anything.

Hey everyone I just saw this post and found it very interesting. I am thinking about trying this and was wondering how everyone who has tried it is coming along?