Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Amino Acids and Magnesium cured my Anxiety

I renamed this post Amino Acids and Magnesium cured my Anxiety to clear up any confusion.

I suffered with anxiety for 12 years. My doctor told me I had GAD and panic attacks. I had all the usual symptoms, I don’t want to list them all here but if it was anxiety related I had it as you can imagine of suffering for 12 years. My doctor gave me the usual gamut of meds some worked while others didn’t the meds that worked didn’t work for long so it was on to the next pill. Therapy didn’t help either it was either listening to people talk about the same thing I was experiencing or it was my doctor just basically asking me how I felt and writing it all down and giving me ides on ways on how to deal with it. I got fed up with meds so I stopped taking them all together. I knew there had to be an answer to my conditions. So I went to the Internet to get answers. I ran across a page that talked about the Mind, Anxiety and Serotonin (published by a few Doctors and Researchers) and the use of Amino Acid for anxiety (I remembered learning about AAs in 9th grade they are the building blocks of proteins), which started to clue me in. So I started searching for Mental Health and Amino Acid I found another page that talked about Amino Acid and Magnesium Chloride, viola I found my answer to my anxiety problems, 5 minutes later I was at my local health food store buying some Amino Acid and Magnesium. When I started taking the Amino Acid and Magnesium it didn’t take long to be free from anxiety. I was better in two weeks and that’s been 11 months ago so I have been completely anxiety free for almost a year now. From what I have read most people have a Magnesium deficiency not to mention other vitamins and minerals deficiencies from which a whole host of problems can arise from. I took the Amino Acids and Magnesium once a day for 6 months now I take it once or twice a week. The particular Amino Acids that I take have most of the B vitamins in it, the B vitamins are needed for a few of the Amino Acids to Cross the Blood Brain Barrier and vica versa. There are two things that the brain uses as fuel for energy one is Sugar and the other is L Glutamine. Anyone interested in this Google mental health and Amino Acid and mental health and Magnesium. Amino Acids are absolutely essential for proper brain function without them the brain breaks down and the rest of the body as well, that’s why there is so much bodily pain associated with anxiety. Thanks for reading, if you would like info on the stuff that I take feel free to message me

This is also good for Panic Attacks Depression and PTSD

Best Regards Hanino..

Great post Hanino.

I've been taking vitiman B complex for a while now. I may start the amino acids and slowly wean my self off the Paxil. I need to go to my wifes heath food store tomorrow and pick some up along with the magnesim.

Thanks

Tywrap

Thanks, I am going to suggest getting a liquid and not a pill, a liquid will absorb much easier. I Take TwinLabs Amino Fuel It has B1, B2, B6 and B12 vitamins in it which are needed for the aminos to cross the Blood Brain Barrier. I didn't take the full 3 Table Spoons full I have a Nyquil Cup I just measure out 3/4 of an ounce a once a day. I run a butt of a spoon around in the cup to get the rest once I drink it, its kind of think and don’t want to waste any. I also take L Glutamine powder mixed in a few ounces of water it's tasteless.

I will give this a try, aside from TwinLabs Amino Fuel and L Glutamine powder is there anything else that you take?

Yes, I also take Magnesium Chloride, if you can’t get Magnesium Chloride get any type of Magnesium. At GNC they range in price from 4 to about 25 dollars.

Keep in mind more is not better it takes a little time to start working so please take as directed.

Google Amino Acid and Mental Health and Magnesium and Mental Health.. Knowledge is Power.

Let me know how you progress.

Hanino

Interesting, well I already ordered me some TwinLabs Amino Fuel and some L Glutamine and it should be here by tomorrow. I was going to get me some Magnesium but I am already taking some Protein and Fiber on the side so I think that adding Magnesium might be overkill on top of those other 4. i will see how it goes, plus I think that L Glutamine will help me out with my gym workouts.

If you’re already taking supplements check to see if they have Magnesium in them, you might be getting some already. I don’t think it would be over kill I do believe it’s very important. All the anti-anxiety “supplement packs” I have seen all have Magnesium in them. Having a Magnesium deficiency could be the reason why you started having anxiety in the first place.

Hanino

I started talking the magnesium a few days ago and can feel the difference. I ordered the amino acids but the way I feel now I may have just been lacking the magnesium. I'm still going to give the amino acids a try.

Hey Ty that’s great!!

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better. You might have a slight build up of ammonia in the body or some other toxin.

High levels of toxins can affect the central nervous system in the brain and spinal cord. Ammonia is a byproduct of the digestion of proteins by bacteria in the intestines; normally ammonia is metabolized into urea by the liver and excreted by the kidneys as urine. High levels of ammonia appear to alter the balance of neurotransmitters chemicals that carry messages between neurons in the brain.

Magnesium will restore a proper natural fluid balance in the cells in your brain and spinal cord, it will flush out the toxins and replace them with the proper fluids. This is Where the Amino acids come into play, once the toxins are flushed out the Aminos will jump into action making chemicals in the brain that it could not make before due to the toxins thus taking the brain back in to it’s normal operating mode.

I’m going to give you another tip. Drink plenty of TAP water or milk not bottled water, most bottled waters are highly acidic so are soft drinks and fruit juices sports drinks included. Highly acidic beverages will raise Blood Ph level to the acidic side, which will slow down the healing process. You want your blood Ph levels to be as close too neutral as you can get them to speed the healing process.

You also might want to try drinking Magnesium Citrate to flush out your intestines, you will have to use the bathroom a few times but it’s worth it to get as much of the toxins out as possible. That will help everything you eat to digest and absorb easier. I would do this before I start the Aminos. If you do decide to do this you will need to eat some yogurt (not the fat free stuff) for a few days to a week after wards to help restore the proper flora balance in your gut.

Hanino

Thanks for sharing your solution to your anxiety Hanino, I appreciate It.

I think that you are on to something with the amino acids.

I stared taking the L-glutamine yesterday, and will start taking amino Acid today. I've been taking magnesium for a couple months now, as well as B vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil and flax) etc... and it all has helped. But It takes time.

The amino acids may be the last major piece of the puzzle.