Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This doesn't seem like anxiety???? Help!!!

Okay i am 15 years old. A little after Christmas of this year my father was diagnosed with skin cancer (melanoma to be exact) That really shook me up. My family has always been extremely healthy and we've never really had any major issues. He had surgery and they got rid of all of it. I hadn't been feeling right during that whole episode and i thought that now that it was over i'd feel better. I didn't. I started having this feeling. Mainly depression, but also a feeling of helplessness. I had extremely wierd vision, especially in bright lights and outside. Then for almost a week and a half i suffered with a feeling of not being able to breathe. It was really bad. That seemed to go away. The odd vision eventually got to me and i went to see a doctor. I had all the tests done. Blood work, MRI, EKG. Nothing. They said anxiety. I couldn't agree. They put me on Prozac and Xanax (as needed for Xanax) and that helped a little bit i guess. I was officially diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia. It didn't seem right. But i'm just gonna skip right to my symptoms because these are my biggest problems. 1) Vision is way off. Almost hard to focus kind of. Gets worse with exercise. Outside and bright lights make it worse. 2) Constantly light headed. My arms always feel weightless. I feel off ballance sometimes too. 3) I feel like i'm losing touch with myself. Like who i am. Why am i really here. 4) Attacks of even worse vision that i can't even begin to explain. Last for about 10 minutes off and on every 10 seconds. 5) I'm very in shape but exercise now makes me feel even lighter and like i'm going to faint. 6) If i wake up at night i feel like i'm going to die. Everything is unreal and i feel like i'm floating. 7)Floaters. 8) Biggest problem! Isn't anxiety supposed to be attacks? Not constant feelings. My vision has been off for 4 months now. I've been lightheaded for 3 months. Is it anxiety?

Hi,

All of your symptoms could certainly be anxiety. When you say you have problems with your vision, is it like you feel like if you focus on something it will make your anxiety worse so you let it blur? And, does it seem fine when you are calm?

I've had "anxiety disorder" for many years and have experienced a wide range of symptoms during different parts of my life. I know it's sometimes hard to put everything in words.

Hello Jake, this clearly sounds like Anxiety and a bit of depression as have stated.
    Jake anxiety has many more symtomps then just panic attacks.
    I currently suffer from the floating feeling.
    Your Father is well now, so you shouldn't we over worrying.
    If i where you i would go out with friends and talk to them about it. Please do not bottle it up you must speak to someone, eg. Counsler, friend, cousin whoever you feeling at ease with.
    Are you intersted in Sports or maybe your the academic type. If you liked sports maybe you could join a team, if you where suited to the academic side then maybe public speaking or somthing on the lines of that.
    Jake just as i will recap what i have stated previously, just relax as much as possible, in hindsight your father is still around and kicking..
    My father has recently passed away, as i am only 16 i am very upset. He had a very bad case of depression, and we found him in the shed, he hung himself..

So Jake please take it easy. maybe take some holidays and relax, please message me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hi there

hi there

I'd head to the doc to check that one out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, replying to the original post, I kind of went through what you did as far as a parent getting cancer at an early age in my life (mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 14). I'll have to admit that I did get a bit depressed, but stayed positive.

As far as your symptoms are concerned, it definitely sounds like Anxiety. If you have gotten tests done to rule out anything serious, than relax. You have to be able to not let these symptoms rule you. It's all mental really: The more you ponder about your symptoms, the worse they will get.

Yes, you have gone to the doctor, but have you spoke to you family in regards to how you feel about your whole situation? And I am not taking about just your fathers battle with cancer, but your overall life? It's ALWAYS better to speak of your problems and feelings than holding them in.
    Visit my page at

Your symptoms sound like anxiety to me. And you might want to check with your doctor about the Prozac, it can exacerbate your symptoms and make them worse.
    My
    blog.

Hey...

That's definetely anxiety, I used to get all of that, and more... It probably really shocked you when your dad had that illness...

And it's normal, of course you are going to be shocked, but try using what I use to clear it completely, it will get rid of the light headed feeling, the dizziness, it will make you more in tune with yourself, and it will make you a stringer better happier person...

It's extremely powerful...

And it works within weeks, some say days!

Download the software for FREE, by clicking on the link below...

have anyone used nu skin products?

Hi everyone! Im not sure this is the right place for this question but moderators can move it (sorry)
    I recently landed on site with ads of nu skin products and I can sure say it looks to good to be true... The ads claimed that the galvanic spa device can get you rid of acne and basically all skin problems plus removes wrinkles! Im a little bit sceptical and I dont want to throw $450 so I would really appreciate some reviews... does it really work?! and if yes how exactly? people trying to sell it please dont reply.

Re: This doesn't seem like anxiety???? Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drumsandboards
    I was officially diagnosed with panic disorder and agoraphobia. It didn't seem right. But i'm just gonna skip right to my symptoms because these are my biggest problems. 1) Vision is way off. Almost hard to focus kind of. Gets worse with exercise. Outside and bright lights make it worse. 2) Constantly light headed. My arms always feel weightless. I feel off ballance sometimes too. 3) I feel like i'm losing touch with myself. Like who i am. Why am i really here. 4) Attacks of even worse vision that i can't even begin to explain. Last for about 10 minutes off and on every 10 seconds. 5) I'm very in shape but exercise now makes me feel even lighter and like i'm going to faint. 6) If i wake up at night i feel like i'm going to die. Everything is unreal and i feel like i'm floating. 7)Floaters. 8) Biggest problem! Isn't anxiety supposed to be attacks? Not constant feelings. My vision has been off for 4 months now. I've been lightheaded for 3 months. Is it anxiety?
    EVERYTHING you describe are classic symptoms of severe anxiety. I've suffered from every one of them firsthand and know how surreal and strange and very scary it all seems.

Like you, I had EVERY medical test possible done - and they found I was in perfect health. I was so distraught because I thought surely it must be a brain tumor or something crazy causing me to feel so strange.

I can tell you that once I started getting past my anxiety and got off of all medication and started living a more balanced and healthy life, that all of these symptoms literally disappeared from my life.

The body and mind are capable of some VERY crazy stuff when put under severe stress and anxiety, so when you have these scary symptoms arise just try to remember it's just your body telling you to relax and turn down the stress.

Believe me, you can get past this!

I am going through the same things! But I am confused though - I don't have the fear response. Just the constant dizziness. It is hard to filter all the incoming information (sound, light, etc). Mostly in Public Places.