Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Its getting that way here in the states; my doctor has a sign on the reception window that states, no narcotics period.

I wouldn't have chosen to be this much of a hermit, little by little it turned into this. Now, though, I can work with it and try to better enjoy my own company and just accept that I prefer to be an introvert in all aspects. I do hope one day that I can become less isolated when the time it right. Take it slowly and allow people into my life on a small level I think. Being a homebody is different that being agoraphobic, I've gotten better at being able to at least leave the house and even walk out the front door and across the street if nothing else.
    Last edited by salvator here; 08-10-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Extroversion is WAY overrated Sal. Just use strength based language when reflecting on our own circumstances. I've come to see that we always have a choice - but how I arrive as such allows me to see beyond wrong and right. I see positives in being a little bit of this and that. To box myself into once category is allowing narrow minded ideologies/philosophies to dictate my path. Again - we always have a choice. We all choose the path we take regardless of things outside out control. Perhaps better said we can choose to control how we react in circumstance and environments beyond our control. The less we seek to take responsibility for our self, the more we are controlled.

I like your use of the word homebody. Love it in fact.

That's taking control!

Quote Originally Posted by marky77 View Post
    Because benzo's are highly addictive and (ALLEGEDLY, according the UK/EU doctors) don't work for long and you end up on massive doses and still being anxious (as someone who took the same dose of clonazepam - which I got online after attempting suicide due to anxiety and lack of help - for 2 years and it still worked, I beg to differ).
    People living in the US and Canada who suffer anxiety have no idea how lucky they are to get those miracle benzos.
    According to UK doctors (the ones that euthanize kids). I am on small, the smallest dose of clonazepam for years, never need it to up it . It is addictive to only the addicts or people prone to addiction, We have a gentleman here who is on one tablet of xanax for the last 16 years and he never went up with dose. Marky we do know how lucky we are, the craziness in UK is famous now, They would rather give you Antidepressants that do not work, than cheap medication that you have on hand while getting panic attack. Remember no business for big pharma on benzos, they are like a cent each pill with the packaging. AD on the other hand are expensive and it is business, never forget that doctors are in business of .........not healing that for sure
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

According to UK doctors (the ones that euthanize kids)

Not sure the following makes sense ... but I am sure for some it will:

It's like:

Dahila.. they're doing the same thing here with sleep meds as well like ambien and sonata. From what I here, some won't even prescribe Gabapentin anymore either; luckily, I am not in that position (YET). Thanks to the war on drugs folks

Yeah, D.. I love being a loner, wouldn't want in any other way

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    Dahila.. they're doing the same thing here with sleep meds as well like ambien and sonata. From what I here, some won't even prescribe Gabapentin anymore either; luckily, I am not in that position (YET). Thanks to the war on drugs folks

Yeah, D.. I love being a loner, wouldn't want in any other way
    I am talking ie Elfie, unfrotunately in UK is a lot of newborn deatsh, and it is not coincidence Mr, Imperfect
    Sal yeah this is why you need to have psychiatrist, Ambien is really bad, really bad medication. Gabapentin I gained 60 pounds on it , it helps though but caused a massive hunger in me. I have like 10 thousands pills in house, Want the address Sal ?
    Last edited by Dahila; 08-11-2018 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Used wrong language in half of sentense :)
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Lol.. I'll keep that in mind...I'm just kidding

I do have both a therapist and an APRN (that prescribes meds). I'm sure I could do better with a psychiatrist but I don't have the money and have to rely on community health services. Honestly, I would rather not be on anything, but I am on meds for some physical conditions as well. I feel like if I could drop 15 pounds I wouldn't need blood pressure meds anymore. I'm not a big guy so 162 is overweight for me since I am not muscular. I'm on a low dose, also because I suffer heart damage due in large part form alcohol and ephedrine usage in my younger years -we pay the price as we get older for sure. I'm also on (the dreaded) Prednisone, I do need it, and without it, I can't even move. This med causes anxiety and sleep problem and I understand that. Every time I try to go off it, I wind up in severe pain and need to go back on it. And of course I take something for acid reflux as that is a side-effect of Prednisone. See the circle of how meds snow ball into other health conditions. It never ends.

yes Sal a lot we cause ourselves , who is not sinner ? we all overuse alcohol , drugs, meds, bohemian life style in my case had not help rather the opposite, I am also overweight got the extra weight while on gabapentin, never again. But my anxiety was not existent at the time I was on it. OH the Ephedrine I was for years on it, now I am on symbicort that takes a good care of my lungs. Prednisone is a must in a lot of cases, however it has a serious side effect one of them is anxiety , Heightened anxiety. Ephedrine does help with asthma attack but cause high heart beat , shaking of hands, panic attacks........I know it all Sal I had been there......I just seen that I wrote a part of sentence in Polish heheeeeeeeeeeeeee I am going to edit it
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Full respect for you guys. I see my psychiatrist in about a week and a half. Just working on a new diagnoses. Got to keep those labels up to scratch.