Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    The doctor left me standing by the door. As he closed it, he shot out -> " Thank You" in as bitter a tone as I felt. With regard to thinking - I could not and gestured towards stopping "what kind of fucking doctor are you? We just established I'm unable to think straight and now you drop my like a bag of shit here at your door, fobbing me off to fill out forms I have no clue in which to ask - Form A or Form B? If you fucking cared, you'd stop making things hard and fucking help like your supposed too! You fucking useless CUNT!"

Think positive thoughts hey. Bit hard when when you have to deal with clinical uncaring professionals that do more to bait than actually heal. Thus - disassociate in order to find space.

As for telling us we have a choice. That's a huge misconception often used to slap another in the face! People think too much - and now we beings that we are, no longer know how to be - now find ourselves, unable to comprehend basic human interaction - we are now digital beings:

Albert Einstein — 'I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.'
    I did post a reply to this but it is not here so I don't know if you saw it or it ever went up. Anyway I want to make it clear that I have no desire to upset you in any way I had similar experiences with doctors myself. If that is how you feel about your doctor then I suggest if its possible you change your doctor and keep changing till you find one that puts you at ease and that you are able to talk to a little. Weather he is C**T or not he cannot help you now if you feel this way about him and for you to seek help and come back form that in worse more angry state is good believe me tho I do know the type. Any this post of yours also got me to thinking about when I was bad with chronic anxiety so I put a post up some of what was in the missing reply is in it give it a look if you want to carry this on.

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...uly-Vile-Thing

I've been put on all the wrong meds too for my anxiety. And yes people who don't have it apparently don't understand and think it's a choice. Like I could work if I wanted to. Or do whatever if I wanted to. WRONG.

Here's something I don't get. People who know I have anxiety tell me to go meet people. Are they brain dead? They know I have anxiety and can't be AROUND other people. Then they tell me to go out and meet people. And I am sorry but one thing I do not get is how all the people on the anxiety forums I saw online are going to all these meetups if they have anxiety.

Overcome

Quote Originally Posted by Anacin View Post
    Here's something I don't get. People who know I have anxiety tell me to go meet people. Are they brain dead? They know I have anxiety and can't be AROUND other people. Then they tell me to go out and meet people. And I am sorry but one thing I do not get is how all the people on the anxiety forums I saw online are going to all these meetups if they have anxiety.
    Because those people like myself have overcome that fear. But by no means was it easy. I myself used to do what I called exposure therapy. I would purposely walk into supermarkets to lose the fear. Over time it eventually got easier. The hard part is walking in but once in you start to get used to it. If you've been to a doctor they more than likely have taught you cognitive excercises. Those excercises teach you to divert attention to what you fear which are the symptoms of anxiety. When you fear the symptoms you pay attention to them with fear and that fear fuels your anxiety. I used to pray my way in and pray my way through. My cognitive excercises was God. I diverted my attention to Him and eventually it got easier. I used to have panic disorder with agoraphobia and I defeated both within 8 months because I used God as my tool.

One finger or two?
    I don't think many people really think that do they? I mean the clue is in the name..LOL
    It's what your right hands for..

Quote Originally Posted by Anacin View Post
    I get it totally. My family constantly tells me to go out, and my first reaction is are you f*in crazy? (I'm agoraphobic, hence the crazy part...) Either way, they are right in a way. In order to overcome it, I have to go out. Last week I went out to a store and actually bought something myself. Yes, I was scared. But I told myself, don't think to much about it and just do it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Unfortunately, the only real solution for anxiety sufferers is exposure in combination with retraining your brain... It's terrifying, but the more you do it the more you realise nothing happens to you.

I don't really expect people to truly understand how difficult it is unless they've been there themselves. Being misunderstood can be very frustrating and disheartening, though. I totally get it.

One finger or two?
    Like the saying goes, "Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes"
    It's what your right hands for..

HAD A doc tell me, to get the hell out of his office, saying I was looking for drugs for free, It was 2nd visit in a week, because I did not know what was happening to me and he had the balls to say GET OUT you are looking for free drugs...
    I felt ashamed and left...................................

anxiety is awfull it has ruined my life i am not on any meds but after speaking to my doc i will be seeing someone next week .anxiety has been with me a big part of my life i cant go out alone i manage to take my dog for a walk in the morning but where i live its very quite even then im glad to get home .i have a great husband and son but no friends because i have cut myself off from the world so much so yes anxiety is awfull