Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

If you are in the UK thank Dr. Heather Ashton who took the worst cases of benzo over prescription by well meaning docs and resulting dependency cases and made herself a minor celebrity. She has villanized benzos in the UK and Dr's are scared to rx them. A pity for all those who suffer there. Sure they need to be rx'ed like other meds(properly with some discipline/restraint) but what's worse living with disabling anxiety or a therapeutic "semi" dependence(at worst) on benzos to live a much more normal life . All monitored via a relationship with your doctor. If you are in the UK try visiting France or some other countries on the Continent as they have a much more pragmatic and reasonable approach to rx'ing benzos properly. You will have to learn to us them with some discretion and restaint. Any if no luck at home ask about atarax(an old antihistamine with good anti-anxiety effects). I bet you can get a trial of that easier as it has little/no abuse potential. You might also ask about lyrica. Alankay.

I hear ya man the benzo situation over here is a joke

Hi,

My name is Jenna Haagen and I'm currently a freshman at Arizona State University. For my English assignment, I chose to research about Agoraphobia and Panic Disorder. I have done some research, but one of the requirements is a primary source. So, I was hoping I could find someone to interview over Skype. If you are interested, please respond and we'll work out a way to get in touch. Thank you so much!

yellowrose

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone else ever get struck by thoughts that they can't trust humans. That all people are possessed by the devil and are not what they appear to be. This is my obsessional fear but I never ever come across anyone else who experiences such thoughts. Am I completely crazy???????????? When with other people I often involuntarily imagine what is within a person's head and body and imagine all kinds of weird black images that upset me and cause panic attacks. Can anyone else relate to this????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrose View Post

yellowrose

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone else ever get struck by thoughts that they can't trust humans. That all people are possessed by the devil and are not what they appear to be. This is my obsessional fear but I never ever come across anyone else who experiences such thoughts. Am I completely crazy???????????? When with other people I often involuntarily imagine what is within a person's head and body and imagine all kinds of weird black images that upset me and cause panic attacks. Can anyone else relate to this????????????????????????????????????
    I can't say that I have had these kinds of thoughts.. But I can tell u that I have had such irrational thoughts/obsessions and anxieties, that your obsessions do not surprise or shock me at all. You sound to be right on point for OCD and anxiety lol
    And as the saying goes "crazy people don't know that they are crazy" (that sometimes helps to calm me when I believe I am going off the deep end)
    Your obsessive thoughts are intrusive and disturbing.. As they are under these circumstances.. Just as with the stories of loving OCD moms who are horrified that they can't stop thinking about the idea tht they might stab their kids ..
    If you aren't seeig a psychologist I wd right away.. Get on a great med (I like Zoloft) and it is AMAZING the relief you will feel w in a few months

This is just whats made mine so bad,I have fears of hurting my kids and getting put in prison,I thought I was going crazy and it's making me so ill,I adore my baby's they are my whole world and back,I used fear I would die now I wish I had that fear back as this is the most hurtful thing ever,I would die for my kids if it comes to me or them it would be me everytime x

I hear ya em1.., I just had a completely overwhelming feeling that I would leave my kids, the other day! But I wd never! So sad the games our minds play on us! Grrr
    But I have found such relief being on Zoloft in the past! So I am 3 weeks back on and hoping for the best!!! Are u on meds?

Quote Originally Posted by kelliesean View Post
    I hear ya em1.., I just had a completely overwhelming feeling that I would leave my kids, the other day! But I wd never! So sad the games our minds play on us! Grrr
    But I have found such relief being on Zoloft in the past! So I am 3 weeks back on and hoping for the best!!! Are u on meds?
    Yes I'm on the same as you but only a week in to mine,oh I know it scares the hell out of you

Sorry if I am a little "off" w following the threads lol. I think u just said before you were now newly on meds.. I'm kinda new here and still trying to Learn how it all goes

Quote Originally Posted by kelliesean View Post
    Sorry if I am a little "off" w following the threads lol. I think u just said before you were now newly on meds.. I'm kinda new here and still trying to Learn how it all goes
    Lol that's ok,I'm new here to,I've never been on anything be4 so this is my first time on any Medication