Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect View Post
    Full respect for you guys. I see my psychiatrist in about a week and a half. Just working on a new diagnoses. Got to keep those labels up to scratch.
    Mr. Meanie ...................
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Seriously ... working on my stability is my contribution to society. It's a tough job, but I love you all so much.

Thank you man

While it may seem (at times) I'm doing well here, I'm far from stable, not at all actually, moments I do feel alright, but still I have moments too dark to be on here. I know you've seen me here at my worst, but it serves me better to be offline during these times, as I know they do always pass eventuality. In fact; I'm not even bothering to strive for stability anymore, I'm going for flexibility over stability. Adjusting and forgiving myself and moving on quicker and not being so hard on myself during times I'm doing poorly. I take the good days now and appreciate them with the understanding that sometimes they are short lived.

It is a tough job to be well in a world that sometimes feels unforgiving to those of us struggling to just keep up with what some people would consider the basics of everyday. I suspect (if I'm being honest), I'm dealing with more that just simple mental illness in the classic sense. I've always realized I don't see things as other do, even earliest memories from childhood. I'm unique though.

I do with you all the success in finding whatever helps you to feel content with your own life and circumstances, and appreciate that you truly care about other people as you've show here to others. You seem to me to be the type of friend that would be there for somebody during good and bad times, and that is unusual these days.
    Last edited by salvator here; 08-12-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Actually Sal ... some of your words remind me how overrated stability is. Thanks for the reminder. Instability is often where 'it's' at. At least when you can reach an objective state that appreciates having lived rather than not.

Being neurotypical is akin to going through life with one's eyes closed. It's good to see one's self as special. That's a good sign that your doing well enough. I came across a good lecture by Alan Watts on 'Trusting The Universe' ... I will link in my Journal thread soon enough. It's a good one on how not to strive ... how to let go by seeing that there is actually nothing to hang on to. Make me think 'arrrrrrr that's why society is always trying to give us choices and then say "You chose" ...' (although choosing is part and parcel of life ... we should be the one to find the things we choose ... not always be told) If you cling to nothing then there is nothing to let go of. See how it is that society gives and when you don't grab ... they then treat you as abnormal? ...call people 'non compliant' or in our younger years simply treat us badly because we choose not to play 'the game' "Your not a team player ... Your this and that ... label and more labels" I get the feeling you kind of understand?

Yea ... it helps when others can also stand by me or at least be there when there able when I too go through my own periods of 'unstable' Sadly we live in a selfish society (even those who claim to live by love and light - more so ... the run from negativity and or effort) --- I find enduring those unstable periods together with others is what makes us better friends which is why I said ... 'Instability is where it's at." At least being there when the storm has passed. It's how nature thrives and why living on one flat line ... creates more sideffects. I've actually read some of your own words to that effect. I'm happy for you that you and a few others are ware of this. It's good to mix things up. : )
    Last edited by Imperfect; 08-13-2018 at 03:51 PM.

you need support while you are down, not when you are ok. Friends that help you in tough time are real friends
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks Dahila, I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm only used to one-sided friendships sad to admit. I guess as they say, you can count your real friends on one hand if you're lucky. Several people have been very supportive on here when I was in a bad place, and I never forgot it.