Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    My mother I believe had some form of undiagnosed agoraphobia, as she rarely if ever left her house. My sister had agoraphobia for a time and did not leave my parents house for one year. She is
    now 55 and this happened to her when she was around 19 or 20, if I recall. I am the opposite. I get ants in my pants and can't stay at home unless I am sick. Many people generally don't understand
    mental illness. A friend of mind used to say my mother had hermitism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    My mother I believe had some form of undiagnosed agoraphobia, as she rarely if ever left her house. My sister had agoraphobia for a time and did not leave my parents house for one year. She is
    now 55 and this happened to her when she was around 19 or 20, if I recall. I am the opposite. I get ants in my pants and can't stay at home unless I am sick. Many people generally don't understand
    mental illness. A friend of mind used to say my mother had hermitism.
    It's certainly not a choice. All I can say is that a combination of medication and therapy has helped me quite a bit. Even though I still get some anxiety from time to time, mainly when I leave the home, I can cope with it a lot better than I used to.

On a side note, we went on vacation to London in June 2010 and it was wonderful and it did not rain at all.
    People were shocked when we told them it did not rain. I am also glad you are doing better.

Bumping this up!
    Agoraphobia is the worse ever I have it and I am so sick of it and the other mental and physical health problems I have is just driving me deeper into agoraphobia I am in pain a lot due to my head and back which both need surgery on.
    What bothers me is that people who also have mental health issues believe that everyone is the same and that you should just get up and walk out the door well first off I HAVE explained many times I have health problems so it is JUST NOT THAT EASY but for some reason they think I am lying even if they have seen my mri of my brain and I have explained over and over and over so wy would the people that have it keep dragging me down and not help me to get better offer advice but do not judge and say YOU are not trying hard enough YOU are not liking doctors and therapist blah blah blah etc... they are not helping they are only out to bring you down so do not ever allow them to do that cut them off like a nasty mole they will continue to dig at you in front of others not in messages on facebook but out in the open which proves how cruel they are. May God have mercy on their souls.

Fight for YOU and Believe in yourself take small steps, take some bottle water with you, if you need a wash cloth take one, or if you need your med take one, go slowly and know you are not alone , I finally got a therapist over the phone since I cant leave my home and no one does home visits.
    Trust in you!!

Anxiety can be cured by filling our mind with positive thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Abel101 View Post
    Anxiety can be cured by filling our mind with positive thoughts.
    That's how people become deluded.

I know exactly how you feel. My doctor flat-out refuses to prescribe me any benzodiazapine. I am on two anti-depressants and two anti-psychotics by my main issue is ANXIETY

two days ago I went to my psychiatrist , then she wrote the script for benzo, I talked to her why in Europe docs do not prescribe it, her answer; cause they are crazy, I am not kidding
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

LOL

Thankfully mine knows not to prescribe me anything. I must be crazy. as long as the patient is comfortable with and educated in the use and methods prescribed I then feel both parties are sane enough.

Quote Originally Posted by marky77 View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. My doctor flat-out refuses to prescribe me any benzodiazapine. I am on two anti-depressants and two anti-psychotics by my main issue is ANXIETY
    Because benzo's are highly addictive and (ALLEGEDLY, according the UK/EU doctors) don't work for long and you end up on massive doses and still being anxious (as someone who took the same dose of clonazepam - which I got online after attempting suicide due to anxiety and lack of help - for 2 years and it still worked, I beg to differ).
    People living in the US and Canada who suffer anxiety have no idea how lucky they are to get those miracle benzos.