Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Potted Outdoor Garden Update ... cont

Cont ... I just noticed the need to high pressure hose closer to the exit door but have held off due to the amount of rain we have had, soil down the side of concrete flooring along wooden fence (not how I would of done it) and that fact our back yard as well as other's have been like a swamp waiting to dry out with the need for a weeks worth of sun. I'm generally careful to ensure good airflow behind my pots and especially given the soil along wooden fence as just mentioned. Perhaps I should not of mulched along it, however I am sick of spraying posing to keep the weeds down and don't want to spray behind my bamboo plants. Best I can do is ensure adequate air flow and will prepare a written defense if we live here long enough, that the wooden fence rots out during our stay. (doubt it but a concern for me none the less) Given the dynamics to that setup with soil lining concrete slab + the drainage setup on air cons that also requires constant high pressure hosing as can get really gross if you don't keep up on that ... its all the little things like that most renters do not care enough about. I'm all over it with respect to caring for the places + having a defense ready when we move out due to some agents being angels when you move in but then real pricks when you exit. But enough on that ... I've noted it and being mindful of it. Run off from outdoor pots and high pressure hosing is to be expected. Either the concrete slap should of butted up closer to the fence and or that wooden fence been lifted just enough to allow a little aeration. Colorbond fence would of been more ideal in this situation with a slight raise off the ground and proper drainage in place.

For now though, I appreciate my potted bamboo plants. I have nursed these babies well enough. They don't like having wet feet but need to be watered regularly when in pots. The is Gold Strip Multiplex Variety. Going by the fence there, the boat/caravan port is looks to be about 12 feet high at it's lower point. That puts some of those imaged bamboo stems 'reaching' near 3.6 meters high which according to online specs for that potted variety making these plants near full height. Just not sure whether to disregard the height of pots. The pots are a half meter wide.

Small Potted Bamboo Screen Project

...almost two years in the making ...

Height between that top of fence and boat/caravan port roof is greater than it appears in image due to the cameras angle and distance skew top half of space. Panoramic Shot.
    I put together some framework to ensure the stems and leaves do not obstruct airflow along the fence. This is also good for the plant + makes the stems less prone to leaning over the neighbours side of fence which lessens the possibility of prompting them to cut my bamboo plants which would then result in police intervention. Laughs out loud. JK ... I would instead stealthily poison every plant on his block and blame the other neighbor on the other side. Hahaha ...

Bamboo screen is enough to block out the neighbors view into my backdoor entrance/exit from his side windows and back door. I think is an attractive solution for both of us and again I ensure my pants are not intrusive for him. Imaged here is also my sitting area surrounded with a couple of potted bushes that flower in the hotter months of the year. Currently we are heading into winter. Also in the photo is our green waste solution. That being a wool bale that gets collected once a month for a small fee. We are not allowed to put grass clippings on the gardens and nor do I wish to do so. I'm also clipping constantly around the house and we have no green waste service in our area. Thus that wool bale option is a good solution.

We had more rain last night. There is a gap between the port roof and the house where the water runs of towards the wooden fence.

Outdoor seats are holding up well
    Great place to have our meetings which we have quite a few of here. : D

To be cont ... Note* I wish I had cleaned the concrete and the day was a little brighter for these shots but this is pretty much as real as it gets.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-03-2022 at 06:53 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Cont ... I will just spam the next two page with another 7 images with brief comments on what changes I may make in the near future. Fact is many of these plants are expensive to buy even when much smaller being reason why I have skimped getting more expensive pots and stands. To be sure such items can greatly enhance the look of the place and add features such as self watering (to a degree), varying aeration and moisture retention properties BUT they can generally be worth hundreds of dollars just for one pot or stand. Even cheap at 50 to 70 is still quite pricey when you have quite a few plants. The other aspect or way I look at it is I build up around less attractive pots and stands with smaller ones. That said, the layout I have at the moment is spready out where I only just had them set up all like that. Looks like I will just have to buy more plants to do it all again ... LOL

"Please darling ... I just need two more large bags of potting mix and I promise to get the baby plants + matching sized pots ... please ... pretty please ( ͠❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)"

"...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

This one is crying out for a new pot:

An example of cheap stands - retro arcade gaming seat and rotting wooden table top. I'll probably get more plants like I described and build up around the retro seat and consider a budget glass top table although that one will suffice for a while longer. Maiden hair fern needs a clipping and moving.

Anther one I have multiplied from eight years ago ... is sitting a bit low and will need building up next season:

That it for today ... time to plug myself in for a bit, keep eating clean and drinking water.

Day 8

Day 8 and still on track with clean eating. Very busy researching how to get the most out of my refund. I've decided to do a PC build but at less than half the cost of the laptop refunded which will leave me enough for an air purifier which I feel my bedroom would benefit from ... + ... maybe a new computer desk and tick free wall clock. Back to researching a much smaller PC relative to the one I just off loaded. So much hype to sift through.

DAY 9 Comes To A Close

Nine days in with ten about to click over. I've done well. Congrats to me! I'm not eating super clean but I am eating clean. No caffeine at all. Just herbal teas and most of them without any honey as well. As for bread other than the odd flat spinach flat bread I am not touching the stuff. The fact I still have a little quick wrap is why I say I am not eating super clean. Until I drop that and all foods that are packaged aide from tofu which is up for debate among a few other *healthy Packaged* foods.

Point is I am feeling pretty good about the direction I am heading re food. Early days yet - I have another twenty days to go after tomorrow to beat my last attempt. I'm fairly keen on beating that.

In other news:
    I was unable to part from my Watercooled PC. The initial reason was to make space as I wanted to deck out my room as I have previously shown with pics. After much research on what's what in June 2022 all things computers - I soon realized with the increasing prices world wide with respect to rents, food and petrol, that despite some PC parts dropping in price as they should, that NO ... I will keep my hugely expensive PC build. I contacted my friend to explain I had made a huge error in selling my PC, that I had the money he gave me and would like to refund it all ... bla bla bla.

He is currently having a blast in America. I thought he would be in a good mood. Alas to say No Probs. Lucky he had not yet come over to pick it up. Instead I unpacked it and set it up on my 4 foot table. I will gladly keep it and just sell the huge ultrawide monitor that I was using. For now I will stick with the little 24 inch. There is just now way I could ever afford to build a PC like that ever again. It's still top tier for today. I can appreciate making things last for as long as you can and that's pretty much why I am gong to hang onto my custom build. I did not think it would fit but after changing everything around ... it ended up fitting in pretty good.

I'll just have to get the air purifier at a later date. Perhaps after I sell my monitor and the last few things in my techy box I may just have enough.

__________________________________________________ __
    So Glad I Decided To Keep It.
    Just did a fresh windows install.

I'm kind of relieved. Whilst there is such a thing as buyers remorse ... I had sellers remorse but now feeling OK I got a chance to reconsider. In fact I sold it way way too cheap. Never again ... famous last word. Long story short - I can still play my games.

I've been up and down to be sure. Is how it goes but yea ... the room is working out really good since I made the changes I have. I love my little recliner and new smart tv in my room ... the cozy soft rug, the soft yellow lighting, air con and so on ... I really have to push myself to get out of my room only for the sake of not getting blood clots. Laughs out loud ... but yea ... I do keep that in mind but nothing a quick walk around the house and some yard work can't fix. I'm still keen to add to my bedroom pantry and work on polishing the rest of the room with matching furniture over the next year or so.

Well that's a wrap for me ... going to relax with some more smart tv ... ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last time I started eating clean it was around day 14 I pushed myself with morning and afternoon walks. I think it will be about the same with this bout as well.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Here's to day ten ... A+

DAY TEN: Karma Got Me

My wife says Karma got me although I don't think of karma in the same way as my wife does. I'm kind of glad my friend did not end up with the PC issue that has lead me to this post. Not that he could not of fixed it BUT it would of been a big job messing around with the motherboard given it's a water cooled rig. Suffice to say I have already fixed the issue (per se) but putting it back together in a way that does not conflict with bios and windows settings will be the trick. It's a power thing relating to RGB and Lots of RGB and cables RGB the being fancy LED lights. So many cables to route and reroute. I think I need to relabel more effectively this time and label everything.

Re Bellow: Lucky I am using soft tubing ... had I gone with hard line this would of been even more fiddly and time consuming ... would of had to drain just to have a look and or do some quick tests.

It's funny because when I went to set up the older PC ... it too had a fit! LOL - No not Karma ... but if that makes my wife feel good to say it then so be it. : D ... annoying to say the least with all these things happening at once.

No matter ... A, B, C & I'm up and running again ... although the water cooled rig is going to take me a couple of days as I think I will also dust, drain and replace the cooling fluid + the re-cabling/labeling and so on
    __________________________________________________ _______

All Good - More pressing issues is keeping on track with my food / weight

DAY 10 103.2 KG
    yea ... I am going to start focusing more on my weight. The stats mean nothing by themselves. That weight is way way too much for a short guy like me. I have actually shrunk. I used to be 172cm or at least sure I was ... pretty sure that's what my criminal profile has me at. That's such a *long time ago*. (although society never let's you forget. Just as well I don't do society) Now I am 169cm. Just a smidgen over 5"5. Point is ... 103+ kg for that height and my age is not looking good.

The good news is that 10 days in with no coffee, tea, sugar, salt, sweets, bread and all that kind of thing ... whilst my joints are still stiff and enflamed from being so long off the beaten track and in the thick of the processed foods and quick fixes, I am feeling a hell of a lot betting with regards to being less inflamed. I'm still eating some meat but way way less and mostly fish ... although I know that can be an issue in the long run as well. Each to their own. Getting my head around or at least writing about my diet will take too long.

It might be good to do so soon enough since I am now tightening the noose re eating clean and weight loss. The later is no rush but just wishing to see a gradual decline in the same I say it building up.

That's about all for now ... time get on my bike, catch up with a friend and get some sun. Pulling myself away from halve undone projects at they arise can be very hard but a lot easier now that I am feeling more on track re my health - minus the ingrown toe nail that still plagues me ... smiles at that. All in good time.

Maybe post tonight if not too tired. Writing about such things does help to keep my grounded so will most likely be back for a double day post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-06-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Day 11

I tried Gypsy - You can find me by the link in my avatar. It's time to accept and move on.

Peace Out.