Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave's Dairy

Life happens. When doing a thousand km trip, moving from Sydney to Brisbane region we actually blew two tires and replace four. They blew on the highway but obviously since I am still here, we survived that one. lol We just bought the car. It was from a one time owner who had it garaged for 10 + years. Turns out he never drove it enough to changed the tyers in all that time. They looked new but not new enough.

Today (some 27 years later) we survived on the way back from Brisbane. I dropped the family at home, loaded up computer gear, said good bye to the family and headed off to another town where the emphasis on this trip is to show a good friend how to put his long awaited supped up high end custom gaming rig together. I'll be picking up what parts he does not need and testing them on my own rig. It's going to be a full week off from the family fully focused and tweaking both computers, kicking back enjoying the bliss of no family racket. We play well enough in the home, but without a break, life can suck for all involved. Fact is, they also enjoy it when I go as much as I do. hehe. Works well for me.

Thanks for popping in

Last shot record for the night - approx. $9000 au in parts [GPU onle $4000] there ... not counting the $2500 super ultrawide monitor. Some of the smaller packages not so easily seen, put the price up by quite a bit. PC Parts a most expensive in Australia compared to the US and it's well known. I'm still running a few things on eBay. I nearly have enough for my proposed water cooling but unsure now as I eye off his NEO display. I'd either go the Neo display or Watercooling. - The last computer I built for my friend lasted close to ten years. So it is now that he is going all out for another ten. That said, the one I built him back then was $2000au. His business has done well and this is like what is was when I built mine with that small payout. He was my boss some ten years ago and we got along well. That's a rehash I know. He really did go on to create his own empire spite much of a failings we both endured in the disability field. We used to camp out a lot before we lived in separate regions. Since then we catch up a couple of times a year.

Here's hoping my friend does not rearrange the computer components for when I wake up in the morning. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz night night.

Before shuteye ....

Woke up this morning to discover there is also no power supply. This trip was months in the making. So today we are on the hunt for an Asus ROG THOR 1200Watt power supply in a hillbilly town in Queensland + that CPU we are missing. Something tells me we have a long drive ahead if we can't get instant delivery. I guess in order to have a successful business you have to as busy as fuck. Now we are paying the price. Part of the fun I guess. A 10 hour return trip might do it if worst comes to worst but will have to do that tomorrow as we are still recovering from the one we just yesterday. Today though, we shall endeavor to scourer this Red Neck City for something at least similar. Parts all hand picked for compatibility and RGB theme.

On with the day.

Edit - No offense intended for those most fortunate to live in a Red Neck City. Mores the power to you!
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-02-2021 at 03:15 PM.

We still got plenty of wide open spaces Pedro:

The locals did not have what we needed. Heading back now on that 10 hour round trip. I picked up some parts of my own whilst there.

If you have an address you can always use google to see the current state of development.

Are we there yet ...

Still going:

I hope for the sake of others here on the forum that shit ends soon.

In the mean time - still focusing on my upgrades. Mine is the first computer and the other is what we put together for my friend. Still fine tuning things and the break away from home has been good for all!

Is ok to vent and blow some off steam, but if the current theme here don't change soon, it's not going to bode well.

WTFE ... Just leave it out of this space. Do what you want in the other but I don't expect anyone will pop in with all that going on.

Night night ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

Can no longer here myself think under these constraints. You guys can have the forum for as long as you need it. I think I will take a page out of other peoples books and leave well alone. You guys enjoy.

That's one down, only one more to go.