Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave's Dairy

Watching day 22 ... my word, hard to believe its been this long and you look good despite the illness (hopefully virus will run its course and get out of your body) . Yeah, gonna try to enjoy the parts of Christmas like the lights and scents.

Those are amazing needlepoint pictures, I never did anything that big. Still watching and going to edit while I watch.

Yeah, "human" **hurl** people are robots now and nobody is real so hard to find just people that are real. We all have issues and those that pretend to be normal are the worst kind.

Now I'm getting emotional .. you're so very welcome and I'm happy to support you. No need to thank me, I'm nothing special and no saint. Just glad the timing was there at this time in this strange world in this time.

You're doing a great job and unscripted and you speak very well and it so VERY refreshing to see this.

OK ... going to have to watch a bit later and you are now talking about age and I do want to hear about this. Into the vid 23:57 and will enjoy later tonight.

So on that, I also want to thank you for your friendship and your support. Cherished and never taken for granted

Sal

PS: had to just watch a few more seconds, and, yes, there are so many robots and puppets playing this silly game all to fit in with the competition to fit in or even blend. The kids today are at risk of losing themselves completely and I wish I could stop it and grab them and shake them. I do understand though, hard to be genuine in this disingenuous, disproportionate, confusing world. People try to mold themselves and do it for so long that I think they actually forget whom they actually are. I tried when I was younger, I admit it, but now, 50 is getting closer and I am not interested at all in fitting in. just inspired there and need to write that. Darn need to write more but lost my though (this happens and I get muddled)

Oh well, no biggie, will pace around a bit and more will come today.
    Last edited by salvator here; 12-17-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Continuing on from where I left off.

Yes, you said the best interactions you met under a bridge and people at their lowest point. Its the same ... I relate to them very well a gravitate towards those that are struggling in one form or another.

Will edit as I go along.

Isn't it funny/ironic that the very religious so quickly boast about what they have and whom we are to look up to to to put on pedestal .. when (according to their own teachings) envy and vanity are 2 big sins.

I think its definitely worth a try and I do like that there would be a video section - although - I don't even own a webcam anymore and likely wouldn't post vids myself. Of course, I would have to create a smooth jazz section lol

Oh and when I said "unscripted" I misspoke, what I meant was seeing you extemporaneous and spontaneous. Ha. you said you better let up and that made me smile.
    Last edited by salvator here; 12-17-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Ok, 22 days have done you wonders and this journey (still not quote sure what this life/existence is about) but here we are anyway breathing and making the best of it when statistically perhaps we somehow defeated the odds.

PS: Please check your spam folder if you didn't receive email because that has happened with some and sometimes not. My IP isn't flagged and is safe and sound, but sometimes some providers are overzealous in what they consider spam.

Good to know you have great focus. Don't mean we won't ever trip up or stumble, we are only human, but this is where I do not agree with AA, 1 relapse and its back to square 1; wrong, get back on track. AA teaches that it is "Character Flaws" that cause this. Are kidding me? While AA and NA does help some and I would NEVER take that away from people, its just not for me. 12 steps and of course the infamous 13th step we come to know all too well if not careful. 1 step at a time and stay in motion.

No need to reply and will see if I can find something to watch tonight.

Thanks ever so much for the replies Sal. I know we can't maintain so a consistent run but I do enjoy it when we can both keep up with each other like so. hehe

This Linux Install although too my a good half day and a little more on the end ... is pretty much setup now. I did not even have to setup spell check like I had to in Chrome.

I'm extremely fatigued so just going to link the video and hopefully the recliner will help keep my chest clear as I struggle over the next couple of nights. I pretty much got a bout of some virus but looking forward to still getting things done. Just not rushing another 22000 steps in one day any time soon. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have your email in the main sections of mine. All good.

Good grief ... what in the world did you catch?

All that sniffling ... that is *snot* good =P

Seriously, hope you feel better. Germs are getting stronger because of stupidity of humanity. I knew this was coming when people were all abusing hand sanitizer and antibacterial hand soap. Antibiotics aren't working anymore. Its like that trade-off ... virus need to run its course and bacteria is another thing. Gut problems throw off the good bacteria to fight the bad. Imagine if you were eating cheesy nacho supreme with hot sauce right now, a simple "bug" could be very serious. That being said: you could try guaifenesin just make sure you get it WITHOUT the addictive DXM [Dextromethorphan] if people ONLY knew what that (really) is. Yep; guilty as charged, been there and done that as well. Avoid it at all cost.

Anyways.

Will I need to be on linux to use the forum correctly, or would I be alright with WIN NT 5.1? If not, that is no problem as I would also likely go with mint - I've used it before. I'll try to find a good distro to match the hardware. Thank you for the demonstration and I might also join their forum at some point.

I think as long as you have a web browser that yes, you should be able to utilize all functions available under admin rights to be as creative as you want with the forum.

To being a little test ... simply go to the following address and try signing up as the very first forum member:

https://onlinejournals.freeforums.net/

As soon as your in send me email, or use message me in here via your own thread or mine + PM. What ever is easiest.

Once I see your in, I will share admin rights so that you can also play with the forum categories, themes or whatever.

May as well experiment.

Yes I am very sick. Worse today on day 24 ... 3rd being crook. I am concerned about how easily my throats can get sore and will take it up with the GP probably over the phone. Apparently there is a rise in throughout eastern Australia up and down the borders just after they reopened them with NSW being the worse who apparently have very relaxed procedures. I don't know what to believe but going to stay home while I am like this as if there are cases getting about I would undoubted be a candid to pick it up in my current state. Thanks for the good vibes ... it still helps regardless of how sore i am.

I try to keep my spirits up. I installed STEAM (gaming engine) on Linux and very surprised to see quite a lot of games that can be played natively. Including my all time favorite Cities Skylines:

If you do go back to Mint - you can always go Xfce or MATE as they are easier on system resources. But you already probably know.

I do hope you have a play around at Probaords

LOL snot good. hehe Thanks for the tip and I will for sure remember what you said! Appreciate it very much. Your dead on about how poisonous this world has become. I am so glad we are on the same page with that.

We can have a laugh later ... maybe ... as I made a post in Linux about:
    How To Remove The National Flag From Log In

I'll be on my best behavior with that one. Just between you and I, you would think they would make the religion a choice.

Take Care ... going to relax with my favorite game on this awesome distro of Linux. Truly is running like a breeze. I even worked out the bookmarking with Firefox.

I think I have hit a wall ... all things considered still sticking to my eating clean. Worst case was eating two slices of bread with chicken soup. I feel like a got Covid (rolls eyes) but expecting a full recovery in the next couple of days.
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Watching and will edit and post as it comes to me.

Routine has been shot souds so hard on yourself. Remember when I siad we just get right back up like nothing happened as soon as possible. Your body need to fight this "bug" and the worst thing to bring you ammune system down is deapair. Yes ... lessor of 2 evils with bread.

Good choice on the chicken soup. That is good is your bring something up in the lungs. perhaps an expectorant. I'm not sure about natural but will research to find something to break up mucus.

No need to log in or reply, still watching.

Yeah, sleep is the key here and if you can sleep in a chair (which I can not) that will help its already deep sounding. Yeah, sometimes hard to know when to stop projects. Remember, there is not rush to start any project. I'm not going anywhere and we're still here so long as possible.

Funny how moving around is what we need when sick but want to lay around. Moving gets the lymphatic system working. Very hard I know that ver well.

Perhaps, green tea? I know for me that is the 'cure all' but I think it helps a lot. quality yogurt? Maybe you're already doing that?

Ok ... lets count on this as a few more days for your body to rid itself of whatever this is.

Feel better. I said feel better so as hopefully the body will follow shortly. When you start to feel a bit better, you will get the energy back.
    Last edited by salvator here; 12-19-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Thanks for the tips Sal. Today I have zero energy to move around but understand the principle. They make you walk in hospital if they at all think you can when you have chest like infections.

So far I have only brought up a couple of small bits of yellow but not enough to warrant chest infection imo. Lots of whist frothy Flem to be sure. The pain in my throat is the most concerning thing regarding stripped throat as having next to no hair lining makes me susceptible to ongoing bad bacterial growth. The constant gargling can also be just as detrimental with a susceptible throat.

I think I will try some cold coconut water for soothing as I need to check the pain and thus deal with my exacerbated anxiety as I continue to climb the walls in desperation and thus unfortunately trigger my trait of fighting sleep. These symptoms are all a run away train I need to put into check. My grandson being home (End of year holidays) makes healing hard as he rules the roost in the living room where the air con is which being summer I kind of need whilst in such a state. That said I could take up their bedroom as they have air-con in there. I just mean sitting in the living room with cartoons and little people yapping at the screen or teenagers on you-tube acting like clowns to little kids will send my crazy any more than five minutes of it. That said it is great to have him home away from school. The kids need a break from that shit too.

Forgive the thinking out loud. Your are right ... I need to easy up on some of my hobbies as I tend to stress in a negative way when doing them sick due to such a focused mind when is said mode. Just so hard to relax when in so much pain and extremely fatigued. I go crawl into the kitchen and might actually try a warm herbal tea first. Have no green tea but will ask anyone going out if they could please for the love of whatever get me some.

Thanks man ... yes - I put off any forum creation about now and stick here with a few updates. Nothing over the top.

PS - Linux still going well. Zero problems other than them enforcing national flags to which the forum was no help. If anything they justify it talking about BS international community. When I am feeling better ... if I can't remove the Australian (any) international flag waving/icon on the Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 log in screen (after sleep mode) I am going to try another distro that does not have that toxic shit built into it. I'd rather burn my PC than have a flag on it. Forgive me but to me it's just another trigger whilst I am unwell. I need choice and control when using my PC. I trust you understand this well. Remember the days you actually had to tick a box instead of un-tick.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-19-2021 at 11:57 AM.

Day 25 - Not doing a video this time Sal - Too Sick. I will just say that I am still in control of my eating and leave it at that. Until I get better I am not pushing myself any more than I need.

Hope I start feeling better tomorrow. I will watch a movie before bed - I can't really comment how I am feeling other than just say still sick.

Hope you are doing better than me.