Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave's Dairy

Internet Speech Will Never Go Back to Normal. Very interesting article that explains a lot. The algortytm/s are set to become even more controlling and will not be easing up anytime soon. Is getting harder for me to find content that offers up anything different than the usual garbage that those in control don't mind us seeing.

In other news ...

I've been asked to build a $6,000,au Computer. Just the box! This should be fun. That's about what I spent on mine when I got my small payout a couple of years ago. I'm not sure now is a good time to buy as prices are very high. Unfortanley just like with the controls on speech, I don't think we are returning to that previous world. I best start making a list. If I am quick about it and he can order the parts sooner than later, we can build it together when we go away next month. lucky bastard! hehe. At any rate this will be a fun project I can start today.

That's about it ... I should go for a ride though and get some sun.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-15-2021 at 06:11 PM.

I thought about uploading a photo of something nice I ate but then I saw this:

Messing around Benchmarking my Graphics Card on my PC

Been busy messing about recording and uploading a few quality tests of a tomb raider game 'definitive edition'

Here is a 16:9 1080P quick Benchmark of the game that should look OK on a 1080P Native Screen: All recordings are done on the same PC as I am playing. This impacts the game play somewhat and or the recordings are not quite as smooth as in-game ... that said, my PC did a good job all things considered.

Just click on the video frame bellow to see that one: Unfortanley there's a fair bit of image degradation during the YouTube upload. Good enough for a quick watch though for those interested.

The next one is a link to the same size format but a longer playthrough with me having no idea what I am doing. No commentary:
    The image quality seem to upload not too bad on this one, although is dark in some places which is my error during recording. That said the lighting is really great in many sections of this one.

Just click on video frame bellow: Not sure what she is looking at or thinking about there?

I'll post a couple of 32:9 Super Ultra Wide clips as well, however I'll just text link a clip of me playing on my 32:9 monitor so you can get a better feel for what it looks like to actually play with such a wide monitor. I absolutely love it! Waring a headset for VR Goggles might be immersive, however doing that for hours everyday is pretty bad for the eyes let alone for the brain. That said, I am getting a good does of radiation to be sure sitting in front of my monitor as is. In this clip I am just playing a new survival game called Valheim. Like the tomb raider one I have no idea what I am doing. The camera I am using is also not that great with dynamic range so the image is quite dark in some areas and quality grain. That said it shows clearly the immersion factor which is why I am including that link. The following 32:9 game clips will not show the same way they do for my monitor unless you have one. If not, the text link I now show will give a better idea of why I play super ultrawide like so:

What's it look like to play on a 32:9 MonitorHere

It really does such that I can't find a game as graphical and immersive as these on a AAA level without having to constantly kill.

Here is the 32:9 Benchmark of Tomb Raider:
    Is actually a nice smooth result ... I was happy with that result as turning up the AA like I did saps the card at this resolution. Just a little over 2K resolution I beleive being super ultrawide and all. I much prefer the super widescreen aspect ratio over 16:9. Again just click on image to see that video

This is the 32:9 playthrough - without AA setting and looks pretty clean despite being overly sharp giving off a lot of unwanted sparkles here and there. I had no idea how to climb the rock and next time I might turn up the brightness levels although I do love the light in the dark feeling with this one:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-17-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Big Day Today. Time to overhaul my room and in that process de-dust my computer. Doing so can be a major overhaul as I usually brake down my parts to get all the dust out. I can't believe how used I got to my PC sitting in the corner without noticing just how bad it was getting re the dust. And that is off the floor with vacuuming twice a week. That said it's been like 12 months since I did it last instead of my usual 3 months. All good though. Temps have been good as far as the parts go and they have come up looking pretty good! I am really bushed ... going to have a late night wash and see if I can sleep. I guess the slide show I made is already turning over. If you missed the start it wont take long for it to start again. I figured doing it this way was better as you can only link 4 images per post. This way I can show more in the one post. Tomorrow I have more to do with my com and also continue sorting out my room.

Until next one:

HUGE DAY again. Today I took out all the dust screening behind that various top, front and under brackets and restored those to as new. I also took out the system fans bar one that otherwise needed the motherboard pulling out. I cleaned that fan well enough. Pulling the motherboard out involves a lot of rewiring and cable management. Given that the dust was very dry and no moisture present, once I brushed and blew out the interior the system was more then clean enough to warrant leaving the motherboard in place. All the in/outs back to new as well. I was actually surprised just how well it call came up and very relieved I could get by without having to to a full system breakdown. That said, I'll do just that next time around and work out a better system of cable management on the back panel. That said, I've got it well enough that air flow and little cable is present where it matters in the front of case. Pics another time as I am yet to reinstall CPU cooler and GPU.

I also manage to rearrange my bedroom. I moved my bed further away from the computer I have a little more space to breath kind of thing. I still have two tables but worked out something a little more efficient in terms of space. Whilst the house I live in ATM is big, I have others taking up what's left in the the house so all I really have in my one room for all my personnel computer activities when not building for others. I do that in another designated space.

Yadda yadda ...

So yea hey ... no one wants to join on in with the forum in any section. I kind of get it. I'll move on as I normally do when the time is right and no doubt others will come back as is the pattern to chime on on their own level whatever the be. No ill meaning in that. I relly don't know why it is like that but is as it be. For now I will continue in my stride and see where this leads.

I do do well fleshing things out like so. It's a lonely world to be sure, but no sense in trying to pretend or please others. Although pretending to self can work at times. As long as the next time I pretend my should is fine I don't break it again. I wonder when I can return to weights or if I should even try. It's on my mind as I continue to do all the wrongs things with my eating and drinking. Still getting sun regardless but would do well to get back on my bike.

YAWNS ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tomorrow:
    Therapist - Support hours - finish room and reinstall hardware into my main computer. Go for walk - get sun - drink more water. Get more sleep.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

The VOID is OK ... all good. ZZzzzz
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-19-2021 at 04:59 AM.

Glad that is over with. Had to be done though. The internals are once again as new. Just have to add the power supply cover and hope I connected all the wires into the right motherboard headers. It was good that I took a couple of days to do it. Top cover, rear and underneath are all as polished as the front grill. I/O /Connecters all free of dust. I did this just in time as summer here brings a LOT of humidity and that would of set the dust in like crust if I had not caught it in time.

__
    __
    __
    __

Hooray! First go and we have lift off! Cable management is above acceptable. Power supply cover helps to contain and eject its own heat source as well as and keep above air pressure better regulated. The front radiator fans brings air in whilst the top fans help eject the hot air out. The rear fan assisting with that as well. All up it's a fairly clean build all up and great case for my needs. Temps are all A+

__
    __
    __
    __
    __

One last closer look at my handy work. I've thinking about saving for my next graphics card but doubt I will be getting a ROG STRIX again as the price on that branding is insane Vs the exact performance of others. Also I an not a fan of the Asus Software when it comes to light control and or anything for that matter as a lot of Asus software conflict with just about everything. Yadda Yadda. For now ... my system is more than good enough. Looking after it like this will ensure it keeps me happy for some time to come.

__
    __
    __
    __
    __

The other thing I did which took all weekend was clean up my room and move things around for a better feel. I've got enough room to now move my com chair to the side pushing in to make way for one of the low lying outdoor lounge chairs so I can watch whatever in peace during the day during those times I am not playing with my grandson and he is tearing up the loungeroom. lol Chuckles at not only that but how I also lost my TV time to a marathon of Bob Square Pants and all other like wise things. School holidays are on and I really needed to up my game re my retreat. That said we go beach tomorrow hopefully in one of out well know secluded spots. I'm really knackered now. Might grab the outdoor lounge chair and kick back with something or other. It's been a productive weekend with a good start to the week.

Next target is just a huge. To reinstall windows 10 on both my laptop and my desktop PCs. But for now I need to take a well earned break. I might do a couple more benchmark tests to before testing my new recording setup. No rush. Just going to have to make sure I get out for fresh air from time to time because now it really is tempting just to stay in my room with this current setup.

Cable management inside my computer is better than in my room. lol. I'll have to work on that. Nothing a USB hub and a longer DP cable can't fix. But *&^% it - I'm impressed enough.

Until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-20-2021 at 01:39 AM.

I got caught up in the following graphically intense phycological horror game - I made a seven minute clip that details the 1st major encounter. I figured since the most graphical games mostly include violence, may as well have a decent sitting. It was actually quite riveting for the video game.

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice Cinematics 1st Encounter
    No Commentary:

Enough playing games. At least for this very moment. Last night I literally went back in time and whilst my memory is quickly degrading and I attempt to make sense of it all, I'll do what I can to make this post more about the essence of what I saw; what I felt felt. Lest my attempt comes off as deceiving verses accepting. It's so much harder now that my body is awake, to focus with unobstructed intention as to what I was then observing, sensing, connecting. To that which I was so willing / allowing. Damn it! That connection now broken. I really should of just got up instead of going to sleep. YET - there is something weird about the way I be. That something which yearns to remain free and strives to reject all that this world has to offer. It might account to some degree and give reason to whatever revelations I'm still processing. It's frustrating at best, knowing just how many distractions we suffer when in a waking state and just how addictive and designed those be. GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr It was such a nice dream and to truly escape despite the deeply felt loneliness ... there was really something to be had from that dream.

Like right now, I look out into the main of this forum and can't help but sense just how alone I really be. I concede that I'm acutely aware that for whatever reason, there are the bots ... also called people, that no matter how I presently perceive, that moreover ... there is this ever present algorithm that facilitates a format, in a way the does more to feed desires and wants, than it does to promote any kind of personally accepted connection. I also acknowledge the zero responses and zero postings and how this current state of flux plays into the void ... that I am myself directly experiencing. It's OK! I think that fact very much be fundamental to the way in which many of us process this time line and how in that, that so many of us feel separate. This being very more the case when in the presence of each other. Yet to be so close and so distant whilst being pulled in separate directions as was the dynamic the more I closed the gap to making sense of last's night’s dream and also as it be right here and right now.

That's it - best I can do. The more I cling to details, the more I seek the story, the more any sense of freedom starts to wane.

I went back in time in (probably my best ever lucid state I have ever been) and have come back to see just how out of place this world is and all those in it really be. I really feel the details at this point are as distracting as any would-be programmer would have us beleive. I'm all about how not to be influenced and very much going in an opposite direction to everything and everyone around me ... in this ... whatever.

Alas I am still here. Until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-21-2021 at 04:32 PM.

I'm just coming up for air but really need to slow down. I've finished the heaving researching campaign in order to get the most appropriate computer parts for my friend's upcoming build. Four thousand dollars so far not even counting the monitor and graphics card. His graphics card he is getting this week some time. Another three and a half grand. The PC market is insane with prices atm and sadly this whole covid BS seem to be dragging on more for the exploitation of upscaled prices throughout all facet of the consumer chain. Hell ... our rent went up fifty dollars a week! Like I am only building this computer for my friend, not buying it. He owns a successful business and no doubt deserves his dream PC but at the end of the day, I and my wife are just pensioners living off our wits with buying and selling over the years with family helping out here and there. That said, a fifty dollar a week rise in rent we have never ever seen in our life time at all. I've said it before and I;ll say it again, the response to covid is more toxic than the virus itself.

Now I'm not angling to pick a side to that drama either way. God forbid! But the fallout surrounding covid is full of sharks everywhere. What families are left together down in the lower sector really need to huddle together. Not something we folk in the west are akin to. Thankfully my wife and I have been big on that. Our daughter is chipping in - she has too or we need to get a border in and she knows it. To be fair she has it pretty good as far as a a roof over the head, an extra fridge, aircon bedroom, free power, internet and all that. Once and a while I'll drive by the rest area that's turning out to be more like a homeless shelter and point them out to her. I only gently remind her about how lucky we really are and she knows well my backstory and has a bit of her own which is why she is still with us. It's fucking hard on the young one. I've said that many times now. It's true. The world is full of nazis living all around us. The US and its allies have pretty much indoctrinated that mentality in a roundabout way but I won't go there anymore than what some of you probably already get.

arrr fuck it ... I've done well enough to keep myself from too much exposure of late. You got to love that online shopping! Even if you go to pick it up at least that's still less time out in the maze!

So what else is happening? Hmmm I ended up reinstalling windows on both my PCs BUT do you think I could work out the Ethernet LAN Network. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr So many glitches with the updates dropping and conflicting with the ethernet connection. Requires resetting the TCP/IP and all the *&^ing rest. Sigh ... Looks like I will have to research a PCIe option for recording instead. I think it might even be as lossless of over the Lan re OBS. Yadda yadda ... gobbledygoo. I've also been overclocking my computer for the fun of it. Looking into water cooling Vs maybe just upgrading my GPU ... although nothing near what my friend is buying. You lucky bastard BEN! hahahahaaaaaa. Narrr is all good. I will enjoy the build and it's only fair that he should take the lead. I don't think I will be catching him any time soon but will enjoy straggling behind with some bling bling in my computer case instead.

Well I got a lot to do to bring both my PCs back up to scratch with all the software and so on. yet I just let that happen naturally. I really need the head space tomorrow.

The last two times my therapist was not available and that was perfectly fine. It will be good to catch up not having seen him so often this time. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Hope I sleep well tonight. I'm conceding to that fact I have done a really good job for my friend and in that process brought myself up to speed on PC hardware in 2021. Although now I am spurred on for a bit of a minor upgrade myself I just want to go back to the experience of playing the games. Heads Ups ... The PC world with its software and hardware is starting to do what phone companies do with obsolescence. That's another thing I learned from my most recent spout of PC/Software this year. I know it's always been around, but the speed at which they are doing it now is a bit of a worry in terms of 'The Gap' between the classes and so on. I guess it's easy to see with many facets on Youtube. People doing self promotional videos living it up in their big boats, RVs, flying first class with a $20,000 fair one way and all that.

Yea ... I think there really is something to that 'keep it simple; stupid!' mindset when it comes to what we already have.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz I'm still looking for a game I can sink my teeth into without killing anyone. Is so hard when looking for a nice graphical one that is not an indie or cartoon. Not that I don't like those games. I do and have a few. A new farming simulator is about to be relased soon but I just don't know. I might go back to star citizen for some exploration and avoid the greifers as best I can. I'm sure I will be back to hacking and slashing in one variant of diablo or another soon enough.

righto ... I'm about to drop off my perch now.

Peace as best any of us can find it. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Night night.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-26-2021 at 06:36 AM.

Hi I did not read the posts, but all pictures are incredible, Did I ask you Dave why you did not become professional photographer? You are much better that the professionals I know. Much better,
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore