Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Yea Yea I know - Back Again

I got a new bicycle and camera but no space to record my adventures. Not much else has happened. Had a really good catch up with my parents and sister. All my supports are going well enough. I have still been struggling with my well being goals but have not given up trying to get a grasp on that front.

Unfortanley as untouched this town has been with the corona virus plandemic - we are now finally wearing face masks in shops and close quarters. I'm dealing with and thankful that I have moral support when I go out. That helps a lot.

I leave it at that and pick this up later. Just focusing on getting up early each morning and to bed before midnight. As long as I keep getting up early in the morning I am getting to bed before midnight. FOOD is still a huge struggle for me. Just like alcohol and drugs used to be a huge issue.

Working on it.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz Night night.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Dead quiet hey ......

I'll be back with some photos. Nap Time. ZZzzz
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Here's the new camera and some of the photos thus far: Digital Zoom is not for everyone, but I enjoy making the most of the images regardless. A simple filter works well for me. I do love the super zoom in a small package. Well aware of this cameras limitations and my uses are different from most folk seeking perfection. Makes for a great video binocular/telescope.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ponder; 04-07-2021 at 01:01 AM.

Think I'll just link:

From Above Image

2 Guys & a Boat

Waiting for her dog:

Note the small boats ... the following images are digital zooms capturing those:

Couple More then on with my evening:

Optical Max:

A very long way for this tiny camera:

Even further but the canvas filter works well enough for me: (This pier is hundreds and meters long - 800 I believe and I'm sitting about 2km from the point shown below)

Sun rise or sun set would make for a good canvas. Not feeling that keen just yet. One step at a time.

Adios.
    Last edited by Ponder; 04-07-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Got up early and took camera with monopod and drove to an open spot with a bench seat. I was somewhat nervous as I usually am when on my own with devices or anything that I feel makes me stand out. Hence why I prefer using a smaller camera. Instead of using tripod I am trying out a monopod which is also smaller, less obvious and easier to carry around. I felt OK once I got into the observing part of this activity although took quite some time get my head out of self conscious mode. At the end of it all, I walked casually back to my car with camera still connected to monopod thankful that there was not many people around:

Last edited by Ponder; 04-07-2021 at 07:19 PM.

I've been following your thread and I would just like to say that you're doing great. I am jealous of what you do. I hope you keep posting your photos as are they are all great. They show me a part of the world I do not know of from the eyes of someone real.

Glad your enjoying the photos Camille. Appreciate the encouragement as well. TY. I had a day off the camera today and started catching up on yard work instead. I changed the knobby tires on my mountain bike to what are called slicks in order to peddle a little easier on the road. During that process I put knocked some of the rear index gearing out of alignment and have to learn how to fix it. That said I can still drive to a location later in the day to take a photo or two. I could even walk to be honest. I'd much rather fix my bike though. It certainly rides much faster on the road since changing out the tires to slicks.

I responded in your new thread re difficulty conversing with others. I do struggle at times myself. I hope my response was useful. That said we all have our own ways of dealing with things I guess. Here's to improving in those areas that make life just that little bit easier.

Here we go ... I share these ones I took the other day. (snap shots from my phone) They are not down by the beach or out in public, but they are outside in my garden and back patio. I took these to share with my friends and family.

This is Gold Stripe Bamboo otherwise known as multiplex Bamboo. Apparently its great for pots however if you want it to grow a decent height it needs to be in a large pot. I just repotted from a 30cm pot into a 50cm pot. I plan to grown another six of these bamboo plants in similar pots / most likely end up in terracotta - and then put them along the edge of my rear patio. For now I am Sunning this one to spur along it's growth. It's got a long way to go. I can see I will have to clean up some of those oranges. That little tree is also off to a good start. When I moved in everything was overgrown. Took me a lot of cutting back as well as thinning out to get the place up to scratch. Sugar Cane Mulch also works wonders.

This shows the pot a little better. I only just got the bamboo a few months ago. It was rootbound when I transferred it from the 30cm pot. Originally I bought it in something like a 15 to 20cm pot before putting into 30cm one. It has only grown a little taller but has definitely multiplied with additional shoots since then. I'm hoping it at least doubles in size by end of next summer. We are only just going into autumn now.

The plants are called Song of India. I just used long handled secateurs to cut of several stems and put them into small pots without any growing powder. They did pretty well on their own with me just keeping up the water and liquid fettler over a few months. Whilst transplanting the bamboo I put these into 30cm pots (the size the bamboo was in) The larger Song of India plant up the back is in a 40cm Pot. The others in the 30ish cm terracotta pots is a gardenia shrub and summer shrub of some kind. Both of those will be repotted at the end of this upcoming winter. Just picked a heap of passion fruit also off the vine. I would of done the vine differently, but happy there is one here at any rate. The place we moved into is very close to the other houses but I do like that our new place is larger. That's been good.

Some of these plants I have had for years - Since moving into the new house they are doing much better since I put them into these wooden plant troughs. I just filled those up with a good potting mix with some fly screen below to help hold in the mix yet also allow for draining. There is new growth just coming up in the middle in the foreground planter box.

Off to bed - feeling tired from the yard work today. Hope you guys have a good day / evening. It's been good that I have been sleeping before 10pm of late.
    Last edited by Ponder; 04-09-2021 at 05:01 AM.

Todays Photo:

Have a nice day.