Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Dust myself off and try again, try again ?

For now I"ll just quote Aaliyah:

"And if at first you don't succeed
    Then dust yourself off and try again
    You can dust it off and try again, try again
    'Cause if at first you don't succeed
    You can dust it off and try again
    Dust yourself off and try again, try again
    Again, again"
    Last edited by salvator here; 05-12-2021 at 11:23 AM.

I'm posting out of my usual times so you have this to read when you wake up. Seems you know the drill well regarding deep posts with little reply. Is enough to know the people read I'm sure there are those that get us but just don't have the inclination for other reasons. To repeat myself, often we are our own audience. I think there just comes a time where home is more preferable than the chaos outside. That's a well constructed time line you have presented there Sal. Forgiveness is key but even with acceptance it is far from easy. The repetitive nature of what goes on outside is very taxing. This be was saps my desire and determination. Yet like everyone else I still need supplies. Online purchasing is good but I still have to make the odd trip from time to time. For now I enjoy reading about each of your outings. I am reading Sal ... I think is good idea to keep up with the off topics as well.

Weekend tomorrow for me ... I will aim to find a quiet place on the beach. Timing is everything.

I just finished watching 'Telsa 2020' but think I will prefer another version called 'The Current War'

Was nice to wake up to, indeed

Yes, this weekend should be nice. 15° and sunny this morning, Saturday will be in the 30s and with more snow on Sunday. In fact: Its so cold this morning .. I hear playboy magazine models are wearing flannel bikinis in the latest issues.

Again, read every word and thank you for taking time respond, my good friend. See.. (you wrote) "Timing is everything" - now realized my timing was 'off' yesterday - will keep that in mind this weekend. Today when the timing is right, I will 'try again'.

I still have Dunkirk (2017) sitting on my coffee table that I keep avoiding. Should unwrap it and see how far I get. I now stop the movie and re watch it when my attention span gives out even if it takes a week to get through something important. Silly horror movies (women running up the stairs screaming when they should be going out the front door), hehe, I can let those go and just enjoy the experience.

The beach sounds awesome and when it warms up here, I would very much like to go to the beach. Sorry to say this, It been well over a decade (or longer) that I've seen the beach or in water. I do miss it.

I hope it helps you

Haha - I just changed my sheets from flannelette to cotton although should of changed months ago. Thankfully although still hot the cooler months are in sight and I can't wait.

Yea I know right - I'm like "... you silly sod (or you *&^%ing idiot) what are you doing just staring? ... Get moving!" with regards to those horror movies but then *&^% it - Relax Dave! - Just go with it! I don't mind the odd horror but have lately become very particular and finding it hard to please myself re a good watch. Although not much for the Hollywood stick there are some quality renditions out there. War films I struggle when it comes to the weaponizing of film however the trailer on Dunkirk 2016 seems to indicate hope for good reason. At least I that is my hope. I was named after my grandfather who was a WWII British rear gunner in a Lancaster bomber. MIA. The trailer has me interested. I'll give it a watch regardless of my Hollywood bias. It does not happen often but sometimes I am pleasantly surprised. I think you have just given me a birthday gift. I'm sensing it might be a good watch.

I have been finding a bit of solace in a few of late. Since you started mentioning a few I have been looking myself. I often find foreign ones to be good but I do tire easily reading the sub - despite often using them with English films due to my hearing and mixed audio levels that make action sequences or busy scenes hard to hear as is. That said I do watch more foreign films with little reading required; not much dialogue. The connections made in like wise films make for an easier/refreshing/interesting watch if I myself am able to connect with characters and over all theme/plot.

Forgive me if you already said. How close to you live to the Ocean Sal?
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-12-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Jeepers creepers..

I feel like I was run over by a bus.. backed up over.. and run over again today

Wanted to let you know I read it 3 times yesterday, is so funny.

Will try again later to reply after I hopefully descramble (whats left of) my mind

Here is a poem I have hanging on the wall in my office:

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low, and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest if you must, but don't quit.

Life is strange with its twists and turns,
    As everyone of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about,
    When he might have won, had he stuck it out;
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
    You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far;
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
    It's when things seem worse,
    That you must not quit.

How's the brain Sal????? What did you run into?

I like a good poem too. Is always good to have more than one option:
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Life Happens

Life is what we make it.
    It cares not what we do.

No matter how we fake it,
    It always sees right through.

If you try and lead it,
    It pushes from behind.

If you try and read it,
    It soon will make you blind.

Just let it freely take you.
    Enjoy life's carefree ride.

And know it won't forsake you
    If you walk right by its side.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/life-happens-3

Hi Sal, Sorry to hear you are not coming here anymore. I wish you would change your mind. You seem to be a nice guy and you will be OK.

Love this song. It's simply what we can do, to try again and never give up. I think that's what waking up every morning tells us.

TLC or Aliyah?