Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How's everyone doing?

I've been up and down. Making the most of things I guess. I've been flogging myself and taking my time preparing soil in the yard to lay some grass in about a weeks time. Watching some Youtube but have to be careful I don't get sucked down a hole doing that. However I find less toxic than watching main stream TV - especially the news. I went to the beach a couple of times with my grandson and rolled around like an old walrus. Tough job that one. Each day is a grind but all good. The potted garden I started since moving in is doing pretty good. I can't wait till the weather cools down.

So

How is everyone else doing? What's happening other than the virus and politics?

I guess I am doing OK. Just working as per usual. I like to work as it keeps me occupied. I have said this before, but I have had health anxiety off and on for many years and that bothers me at times. I try to do the best I can.

Same here my friend...been up and down, as well. I think I've been really confused lately.

I've been avoiding the news here - its off the wall nuts. Making the best of youtube, netflix and vudu (free streaming movies/tv with commercials)
    Good you're getting out with your grandson.

Ok..

Do you know why the Walrus crossed the road?

Just for the 'halibut' [hell of it]. That was soo stupid; I know
    Last edited by salvator here; 01-19-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Somewhat stable, I guess, considering I only slept for about 4 hours. Today I should get out for a short walk after I speak to my therapist - a bit cold today - 34°. Lovely New England weather though

Had my visit with therapist. We did discuss my health conditions, and I did express my struggle and she does want to help me process everything that is going on. She said its not an easy process for anybody; so that helped to hear that. I mustn't give up - I'm just putting that 'out there' - its too easy (for me) to give up.

Ok.. I"m still sitting here in sweats - time to get up and get going to do something and go for that walk. You're right, Kirk, staying occupied is good.

Ponder (and everyone) - Wishing you peace and serenity.
    Last edited by salvator here; 01-21-2021 at 01:07 PM.

The way you use this forum is inspiring Sal.

Good Morning, AF..

37° partly cloudy today. Was a little too cold and I didn't get to go to the village as I'd hoped. I ended up with a golden ginger from starbucks though. Honestly, I hit a few lows over the weekend. Struggled a bit to stay grounded, but I did my best to go with it (so to speak) . Does no good to fight it, waste of precious energy. I don't know, my therapist says I need to reshape the past, because I look back at it and sort of go ... WTF happened. I'll admit it, today I was ready for bed as soon as I woke up. I can't. So much on my plate and sometimes the fight just isn't there. Already dodging phone calls. Everything seems daunting. Don't know. Feel weakened. Some flashbacks. Nightmares.

I'm Sorry guys..

I truly hope everyone is doing better than I am today.

Nothing to be sorry for Sal. Is what it is and none of us can blame another for whatever. Of course we live in a world where many do. No matter. We are not about that here. Just wanted to let you know I am feeling things right along with ya ... I have been struggling since I decided to take a break with a massive illness. Low grade fever, hot and cold sweats, major migraines, stiff body, cramps, nausea, fatigued, insomnia ... still suffering it Unfortanley. Currently developed a dry itching throat with pretty much the rest still present.

Somehow we will get through this. I regret I do not have any better news.

Here's to getting through tonight and into the next morning. Seems this is going to be a full week long illness for me.

I will add - I think this has been brought on with me resisting everything. Your right on when you say "...Does no good to fight it, waste of precious energy..." I am certain this is what triggered my latest illness.

Went for CV test today. Talk about no bedside manner. The tester I got was as rough as guts and failed to communicate to me the procedure. I later rang a patient liaison officer who helped to stem the rising cortisol levels. lol arrrr & Sigh.

My wife also told me she had a bad experience. She thinks the testers are just over it all.

Excuse the rant - I make it short:

OH THE PAIN

Good news is I tested Negative. My supports will be pleased to here as they also work in other peoples homes. I doubt after today's experience I will be so eager to do it again. Adding to that I regret that I have a much sorer throat now; than before. Personally I don't like the exploitation re CV and many resulting laws since made. The media and that side of it is more toxic imo ... the response and all that. That said, when in doubt what do you do. I just fell in line and I will most likely do it for the vaccines when it comes to my turn. New laws will be made to stop welfare benefits, child minding, school attendance, health care down to criminal charges possibly being laid. This is what it is like in Australia re the Child Vaccines. Once again I care less to throw a vote in either way. It's more the response that puts me off.

I know one thing though ... If I keep reacting like the good old doctor above (original Lost in Space) ← wife foretells I will either succumb to a brain tumor or aneurism. She is probably not half wrong. It's sad to say given the lack of dignity in todays world I really could care less; until such a point it happens? Or not?

Here's to a more optimistic outlook in the coming days as my painful symptoms subside.

Looking forward to getting the ingrown toe nail fixed on the 2nd of Feb. Thanks for listening
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-27-2021 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks you, Ponder. Yeah, stress and resistance is a recipe for sickness for sure. Its hard to explain ... how to 'go with the grain' but still be a 'nonconformist', I struggle with that. I Pretty much stayed in bed all day yesterday and I feel very weakened both physically and mentally as a result. I'm going to get out today for fresh air if it kills me.. Ha It snowed last night and it's really pretty out there - must avoid the yellow snow

Hope you feel better soon and glad you tested negative.