Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2020 Almost Over: COVID-19 Not So Much?

This year is nearing its end, but there isn't much clarity if the pandemic will be ending soon. The lives of most people are turned upsidedown. How are you guys coping up? I'm thinking it will be more of the virtual world this 2021.

Hi Camille..

What a year - Indeed! Still hard to exhale just yet with any relief.

From what I read, they're saying a lot people that are now working from home will continue to do so, so I think I agree with you.

For me, personally, not all that much has changed with my daily routine. honestly.

I must admit that I do struggle with the phone apps and signing in to places just to have a cup of tea or visit the library. Whatever one's stance is on CV, things have changed and I don't think anything will be back to so called normal next year. Just as one state in Australia opens its borders another closes thiers and begins lock down all over again.

I've been lucky in the state I live, however I can see it impacting the way people look at and treat each other. Some people back away when I trying to ask for help and others look you up and down if you get to close. I am sure the recent road rage I experience was attributed to pent up emotion resultant from the CV hysteria or whatever you wish to call or view it.

My daughter is stuck in the UK and wants to come home but can't afford the self isolation for herself and her partner. The price of airline tickets also gone up.

I'd like to see my mum across the border but won't subject myself to the police line and resultant drama that is required to cross over and then again on the way back.

The new outbreak we have over here is said to be a new strain which makes the so called vaccines kind of pointless.

Add to that the deception we know our society and puppets running the show to be just yet another level of insanity.

To much to be gained in dragging it on imo ... so my prediction is at least another year with new levels of control that many are missing ... more meaning some things will not be changing that have been currently implemented behind the lines.

The world has entered into a new phase. I have zero expectations and have never considered that world normal.

We are just experiencing another level of insanity. Possible just what this world needs but that take not so easily understood. Nevertheless - What will happen will happen. If anything - when you thought the news could not get any more fake ... laughs out loud. I think people are actually waking up on that front.

Now that I think about it ... I think 2021 is going to see a lot more people sick, but not just from CV. More so from the response to it.

I see the reality of what's going on to take a few more years and a lot more toll. Yet in the meantime we should focus on our own bubbles and do the best we can for our own health. Trust no one but yourself and your own experiences.

Edit - just try to by polite and civil and avoid the long lines and situations where triggers can easily be set off. Prepare your mind but don't get too involved in the frenzy. Like I say ... new outbreaks and a second wave hitting some spots in Australia.

Mental Heal in Australia is like 220 Billion $$$ this year or something like that. We are a small population compared to the rest of the world. I think that is saying something. To think politicians squabble of a couple of billion for space exploration. Pfft.

Here is to the new year.
    Last edited by Ponder; 11-19-2020 at 03:43 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    ...Yet in the meantime we should focus on our own bubbles and do the best we can for our own health. Trust no one but yourself and your own experiences.
    I agree 100%

Thank you all for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post

For me, personally, not all that much has changed with my daily routine. honestly.
    We're the lucky ones. I also know a lot who doesn't feel much change, but I feel bad for others who still need to work outside. There's just too much precaution they have to bear in mind. However, eventually, people might also get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post

Now that I think about it ... I think 2021 is going to see a lot more people sick, but not just from CV. More so from the response to it.

I see the reality of what's going on to take a few more years and a lot more toll. Yet in the meantime we should focus on our own bubbles and do the best we can for our own health. Trust no one but yourself and your own experiences.

Edit - just try to by polite and civil and avoid the long lines and situations where triggers can easily be set off. Prepare your mind but don't get too involved in the frenzy. Like I say ... new outbreaks and a second wave hitting some spots in Australia.

Mental Heal in Australia is like 220 Billion $$$ this year or something like that. We are a small population compared to the rest of the world. I think that is saying something. To think politicians squabble of a couple of billion for space exploration. Pfft.

Here is to the new year.
    This is true. The hysteria and anxiety caused by CV are much more dangerous if you ask me. People recover from CV in, if I'm not mistaken, as short as 2 weeks with proper treatment. However, depression and other mental health issues take sometimes a lifetime to deal with.

It's going to be every man for himself. As for me, I try to take things less seriously as I may end up having anxiety myself. I read articles about dealing with this pandemic. I try to avoid statistics and current news as they all tend to scare me more.

Here's one I just read recently.

http://ahealthywaytobesick.org/how-t...emic-lockdown/

Not too long, but I kind of like how it says "Take A Break From The Virus Updates" as I think that's what we should do for a while.

Thanks Camille. Just wanted to let you know I read the article you linked. Sound like good advice.

the suicide rate in Canada went up 300% , the overdose cases it is about 12000 and death with Covid is 9000 in Canada, A lot of people died due stopped treatment,
    Few young people died due cancelled life saving surgeries mainly heart surgeries like changing the valve.
    I hope you all realize that covid is an opportunity to great reset and no it is not conspiracy theory. Check out World Economic Forum and their program and you will know what it is about it, Still I wish everyone good health and happiness, Take care of yourself people is season of flue and colds now
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I have to be honest and simply say I don't know whom or what to beleive anymore. Is going into the summer season in Australia and talk of a second wave already hitting us again. South Australia specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmCamille View Post
    Not too long, but I kind of like how it says "Take A Break From The Virus Updates" as I think that's what we should do for a while.
    I would have to agree, Camille. Thanks for reminding us of that as I just read the article myself. I will say this much.. I DO believe that anxiety and depression (may) weaken the immune system. Worry.. stress.. panic... Not good for the body. When I'm anxious, it manifests onto physical symptoms, as well as the toll it takes on my overall *spirit* (essence - driving force - inner belief/conviction to thrive).
    Last edited by salvator here; 11-20-2020 at 07:50 PM.

I believe stress and anxiety is a path to get sick, It does lower the immune system.
    I like Mr. Ponder do not know what to believe anymore either, I know that hospitals in Canada are empty, surgerie3s cancelled , they locking up like in Australia, 10.000.00 tickets for having 4 people over for playing the cards. Complete nonsense
    Just do not fear my children
    Do not let fear get to you, it is difficult but focusing on blessings we all have is much easier to push away the fear.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore