Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Greatest lesson from COVID-19

This pandemic has taught us a lot. It reminded us of our mortality and our limited time here on earth and that we're vulnerable. It taught us the importance of proper hygiene and health. But personally, what have you learned from COVID-19?

That my BS meter needs no calibration. Thx for asking.

That's a nice one! Thank you for replying.

I have a lot, but one of those would be, that it's nice to wake up when the sun is rising, that I can be so much productive within the day. It's a nice feeling to have finished almost everything in the morning. Don't you think?

You put a smile on my face IAmCamile. TY. Yes that is a nice feeling when that happens. When I am doing well I am usually up to greet the sun just before it rises. That said, it still feels good to get get things in order before the sun passes ... let's just say 9am. All the same I am with you on that one. Is nice to just cruise through the day with things out of the way; literally and figuratively. Is easier to make better choices then. Something like that.

Okay..

I suppose I've learnt to appreciate being (so-called) cooped up at home - home sweet home - nothing wrong with that!!

Agreed, Ponder and Camille - words to live by!

Its nice to enjoy the simple things we can do to occupy ourselves throughout the day that I might've before taken for granted. I take my time eating breakfast now and enjoy TV and youtube. The solitude doesn't bother me at all - I've always been a loner anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    Okay..

... (so-called) cooped up at home - home sweet home - nothing wrong with that!!
    Well said. I'm down with that. In that sense nothing has changed for me.

I've learned that this is not the year to get what we want, but this is the year to appreciate what we have.