Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

There's going to be a more depressive holidays. How are you guys going to celebrate?

With all that's happening, I think most of us, especially those who are experiencing holiday depression are going to have a sadder and lonelier holiday coming. I would suggest celebrating it somewhere with the family, but then there might be restrictions with regards to traveling. What are your ideas about this?

Honestly..

The holidays are pure torture for me, sad to say. I'm usually in zombie mode throughout Nov though December. Unfortunately, my family is largely estranged. I don't know, maybe this year will surprise me and it will be better. There was a time when I would stay completely inebriated beginning November up until Jan the next year and (sometimes) come out of it around the first week of the new year, I knew no other way to cope with it; but those days are over and I will be totally sober this year for the foreseeable future.

I wish you a happy and healthy holiday season, Camille.

For what its worth, and I know it doesn't take the place or fill the void of family gatherings and celebrations, but we'll (the forum) be around for you if you need support.

Take good care!

~Sal

I am with you guys , I was invited to my daughter and it is going to be torture for me as well. I love them deeply but it is just to much for me like 10 people talking at the same time, and they want me to bring periogies, eh to make them I stay on my legs for two hours minimum. eh This coming Monday we have thanksgiving in Canada
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

We love our family deeply and whatever we're battling inside, we will still find a reason to live life and be happy as much as we can.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you and happy holidays!

Normally, my parents and I go out to eat as a family every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

However, we're not going to do that this year thanks to the coronavirus.

And I'm okay with that. I think the holiday season will be okay for me.

But I'm sorry for those who will have an especially difficult holiday season in 2020, which has been a tough year for many.

This is going to be the least happy holidays because I know not all people will have a good one. I just wish we could celebrate where we don't have to worry about getting infected by the virus.

Well.. I will say this much, I manged to stay completely sober throughout, and I don't even have a glass of wine to bring in the new year; instead I plan to enjoy a bottle of sparkling apple cider seltzer

I'm sorry if it was lonely for some, I considered it to be nice and quiet and I wasn't lonely. I was even able to go to dunkin donuts and enjoy a Vanilla Chai. But, yeah, it was definitely weird to say the very least.

Congrats Sal. I know that's important to you. My son came to visit so that was nice. We built a bracket for a Racing Wheel, attached it to my PC desk and played some car games. We also went a visited a nearby nursery were we bought a plant each. Nothing to really complain about on our end. I find it never really helps anyways. I'll be more thankful if my plant grows healthy over the course of this next year. I guess that will depend on how much work I am willing to put in.

Yes for me the worst Xmas ever and now NY, eh
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

100% understand you worst ever Xmas and bad start to the new year. That was crushing news.